Both NoDo & Mango App Updates Allowed Soon

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
That is really good news. Although it seems like it's taking an awfully long time (two and half months?) to close that loophole in App Hub. Well, better late than never I suppose.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like an other plane ticket to Russia..... they better give me a mango this time!

i dont get it... they will eb able to puplish WP7 and WP7.5 apps????? thats TERRIBLE NEWS!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
i dont get it... they will eb able to puplish WP7 and WP7.5 apps????? thats TERRIBLE NEWS!

It's actually really good news. Before when devs would submit a Mango app they couldn't update their previous NoDo apps, leaving the people who aren't on Mango yet without any app updates. So at least the NoDo apps you're currently using can still get bug fixes and feature improvements in the meantime while the dev works on a Mango version whereas they couldn't the way it currently stands.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
ok so this is gona bee good for a week while we wait that every one gets mango.....

aslong as they STOP doing it once mango is out on all carriers.... cause if they dont .. i smell android market place crap sneaking in WP...

JCerna

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Please stop making this negative, this is really positive. This means that developers have the option to continue to support users that have older version of windows phone. Although everyone is getting mango for free, many users may and will continue to use NoDo or even earlier versions of windows phone. Why well a number of reasons
1. no computer
2. carrier block or slowness
3. user buys new phone that was sitting in a shelf for a while

Right now if all developers update their apps to mango everyone who currently have NoDO or below will have an empty store, with no apps to download. So many developers have Mango app updates ready to roll but they are not because their apps will no longer be available to current user base.

By MSFT allowing developers to have two versions of their apps one NoDo and one Mango all end-users benefit as well as developers. Yes fragmentation may occur over time as developers don't update NoDo versions but again mango is free and to ALL phones.

Android in the other hand has way to many versions out there and in some cases phone like the moto i1 have v1.5 and will never get an update.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blah. Excuses are like assholes. We all have one and they all stink. The reason android has so many versions is because it's been updated a lot over the years. IOS is the same way.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

JCerna

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Blah. Excuses are like assholes. We all have one and they all stink. The reason android has so many versions is because it's been updated a lot over the years. IOS is the same way.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

I can name more phones but the i1 was release with version 1.5 of android back in june of 2010. Thats about a year ago, and android was way passed version 1.5 then. A year later and the phone has not received any updates not even v1.6. Yes both IOS and android have been out for a while and have plenty of updates. However iOS had plenty of backwards compatibility and at least for two years after release you could update the first gen iphone to current version of iOS.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't see this as positive. I guess it's good that people don't get left in the dust. But by doing this, MS is basically confirming that it's going to be a while (at least a month and a half!) before everyone gets Mango. And that's not a good thing.

MySweetf

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Although it seems like it's taking an awfully long time (two and half months?) to close that loophole in App Hub. Well, better late than never I suppose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo