Bought the RM-938 model 32gb unlocked, phone bricked in a day

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Preview for Developers can not bring you Denim.

P4D is changes to the core OS in advance of the normal OTA release which also bundles Firmware (such as Cyan or Denim).

The only way to get Denim is via mainstream OTA.

The LSRT brings you to 8.1 + Lumia Cyan Official. Then P4D takes you to 8.1.1 and beyond; almost to 8.1.2 which they will get closer to finalizing in the next couple of months.

IF your phone claims you have Denim it is a glitch that is appearing in extras + info. Possibly it reads your advanced OS version number and decides you must have Denim based on that. Test it by toggling P4D App on and off. Check extras + info in each state and you will have Cyan or Denim depending on when you look based on P4D toggle.

Firmware (like Denim) is most explicitly NOT delivered under P4D according to all documentation.

So if you run P4D you have advanced OS preview without the Firmware meant to stabilize your particular hardware. It is the root of many irritants, annoyances and glitches. Just read around the forums.

I recommend you reset your phone with LSRT and halt at 8.1 + Cyan Official. 8.1.1 + Lumia Denim is inbound very shortly. Just be patient and it will come. Given your issues I'd stay off P4D.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
The thing that jumps out is the fact it does this when you play music. Is it from Xbox music or SD card? It could be the card is corrupted and causing the issue

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Today I'm pretty sure I've cornered what the problem is, in fact it is likely there is nothing wrong with the phone, even with Denim. It's the SD Card. Although my other 1520 had no problem with the same SD card, the new phone didn't seem to like it. I figured it out when I went to settings with the SD Card in, under storage sense the SD Card wasn't present. Xbox music sometimes said the music files are corrupted, or came up with some other error. And then I would reboot the phone and that's where it wouldn't turn back on. Today I reformatted the SD Card and I haven't had any problems yet. It's amazing what a goofed up SD Card can do to a perfectly good phone.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Bought a new SD Card. When I pop the SD Card into the phone it says "no SD Card Found" under settings and doesn't do anything. When I turn the phone off with the SD Card in, it won't turn back on. If I take the SD card out while it's off, I can do a hard reset to get it back on. *This is after the Nokia Software Recovery without Denim*

What do I do? This is very frustrating for having paid 639 dollars for this phone and I can' get the SD Card to work

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I would get a replacement! contact the seller and tell them that the SD card slot is defective... explain the situation and demand a new one

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Formatted the card, updated to Denim with Preview for Developers, no problems yet here...let's see if it keeps working today. It seemed to recognize the card when I pop it in after I formatted it.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The phone crapped out again today. After I loaded everything on the memory card, the phone wouldn't recognize it so I had to take it out. I looked on Microsoft's website with the IMEI number and the phone isn't in warranty apparently. I'm trying to return it with the ebay seller but he's being testy. Worse comes to worse, HOW or WHERE do I get this phone repaired??? I think the memory card reader in this phone is *BAD*. I can't find anywhere online that will fix this phone,.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you contacted the seller of the phone? You might want to ask him or her for a refund or if possible a replacement. I'm sorry about this issue.

If you can't the last resort is to visit a Microsoft store and have the card slot replaced. It'll come with a fee as you stated it's out of warranty but that's the only thing that could make the phone work normal or my first suggestion.

Good luck. Hopefully you'd come to a conclusion.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've contacted the seller but I just get the runaround.

Update: I physically touched and pressed the outside of the SD Card tray while the SD Card is in the phone, and that's where it loses connectivity. I think it's possible that something is lose where the tray is. As long as I don't touch the SD Card tray or shake the phone enough it seems to work fine. I wonder if this can be repaired somehow.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had the phone? You don't have to deal with the seller on Ebay at all if he is being uncooperative. You can open a case in Ebay and likely get a full refund, and the seller will be responsible for the shipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz