Build 10162 and Netflix app

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
The latest build seems to somewhat break Netflix app. It seems the Netflix app will play videos, but will not keep track of the time/time left. The progression slider just sticks at 0:00. Can't pause the video either. Works fine in Edge browser or on Win 8, and used to work fine in earlier Win 10 builds.

This is occurring on all my Win 10 comps, and worked fine on earlier Win 10 builds. Anyone else experiencing this?

Myrkur

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, Netflix experience in Win 10 seems to be very... dodgy. It was fine with earlier builds, but now in IE/Edge it says I should use the app, and in the app ig gives me a sign-in error. I contacted Netflix about that and they said that they have no licence for Windows 10 yet, so officially it's not supported. Which is kind of weird, as it worked perfectly fine with very early builds.

Arsynic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The latest build seems to somewhat break Netflix app. It seems the Netflix app will play videos, but will not keep track of the time/time left. The progression slider just sticks at 0:00. Can't pause the video either. Works fine in Edge browser or on Win 8, and used to work fine in earlier Win 10 builds.

This is occurring on all my Win 10 comps, and worked fine on earlier Win 10 builds. Anyone else experiencing this?
Same with Hulu Plus to some extent. At least the device doesn't go to sleep when playing videos anymore. That was annoying.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
On mine both apps work except for hotkeys. Example: Pressing enter does not play/pause like it should. The timer bar seems to be fine for me though.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
At first it was fine, but yesterday I couldnt even get netflix to launch even after shut down/reboot. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and now its fine again. The hotkeys still dont work (enter for play/pause etc) but otherwise it seems to work properly.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What do you think it means? Think about it for a second. I MADE an account to say this.
You're ruining this thread that is about an issue you don't have. Go away. Bye.
How is this thread ruined? The user added that they are not having the same problem as the OP but a different problem with apparently the same app and W10 build. If they are both using the same version of W10 and Netflix, what is the harm in stating one is not having the same issue but a different problem? None.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
To be fair, I did say in OP that I couldn't pause either. So, he is very much on topic.

But, either way, with the new 10166 I do not have these issues anymore on any of my Win 10 machines, including the pause hotkeys. So, not sure if it was fluke or something actually changed, but there you have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers