Camera affected after Amber?

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Wanted some reviews about how the camera is working after amber is installed? I heard from a few that amber has degraded the camera experience. I wouldnt want to ruin that.

twentythreee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
There is really no degraded experience.
But as a Lumia user you can assign your camera button to the new Nokia Pro Cam app now, which is awesome.

sayyamgaur94

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
yes the camera is affected in my lumia 620. The images before the amber update and after the amber update are clearly different. I'm really dissapointed and worried.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I am still about to get the OTA for 720. Therefore am worried. I heard users saying the night captures are not that great. Worried.

I can confirm this, though there is a slight increase in graininess, but it is slightly noticeable. However you can use ImagineCam as an alternative for Procam.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The increased graininess (especially with low light shots) is a good thing. It means the noise reduction has been reigned in. If you want to smear all the detail out of your shot you can add as much NR in post processing as you like. You can't remove it though, so NR is best left to post processing utilities.

Well done Nokia. A camera maker that actually understands how to use a camera is a rare thing.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
my only gripe about assigning Procam as the default button app is that you will get prompted for your lock PIN if you use it. Hopefully Microsoft can make an exception for this in GDR3.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
my only gripe about assigning Procam as the default button app is that you will get prompted for your lock PIN if you use it. Hopefully Microsoft can make an exception for this in GDR3.

Yea I assume they'll fix that. At least I hope they do(hell they may not even need to wait for GDR3). I'm concerned with the load time. I've had a couple of times where the loading screen comes up for a second or two. Compared to the almost instant default camera, that can be a little bit of an issue for some.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon