Can a screen protector damage your phone's screen?

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I've yet to put an SP on my Lumia 1320. I thought since it had GG3, I could skip on it, but seeing that my hands are always sweaty and the whole screen gets smudgy fast, I thought of getting a screen protector to make smudges/fingerprints easier to clean. Also, i hear the effects of fingerprints on a phone's touchscreen is great reduced with a screen protector on.

My question is, is there any danger to doing this? Like if say, in 3 months time I peel away the protector, will it leave behind any after-effects from the glue on my screen? Or will it be as pristine as it was before installation?

Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
A screen protector doesn't use glue as such. It won't effect your phone in anyway. If you get a quality one it will be just as sensitive as using your phone without one.

Even with a screen protector you still get smudges if you don't buy a matt finish, but even then it still gets smudges.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Screen protectors as the name suggests are meant to protect your screen from scratches, sweat, finger prints, dust and stuff that harm your screen. It would not harm your phone in anyway. Removing the screen protector at a later stage would not leave behind a single mark on your screen.

Without thinking any further go ahead and grab one. I too have a L1320 with a screen protector. Just make sure you get a decent one.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I actually would have got a case + SP when I got the phone on Monday, but since it just launched in my country, they said there was no SP (and the cases were so expensive I decided to get them online instead).

So I got this (saw a user recommending it, and the review for the 1520 version on WP Central seemed positive): Nillkin Ultra Slim Hard Case For Nokia Lumia 1320

It says it comes with the case plus screen protector, so I'll probably just apply that. Should take 10 days to come.

PS: Would that screen protector by Nilkin be considered "decent"?

PSS: Yes I am aware with SP you still get fingerprint smudges, but the effect is much less pronounced. Plus reduced glare is another bonus (though I noticed the Lumia 1320 doesn't have a chronic glare issue to begin with).

haldner

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I had a screen protector put on by one of those kiosk at the mall. There gauranteed no scratch damage with the process, when I showed them the damage it caused, they paid me in cash for the full price of the phone on the spot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb