CAN CORTANA SPEAK REMINDERS ( Text to Speech) ??

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Was, or Is Cortana designed to Speak the Reminders instead of just displaying the text with her symbol in the background?

I am also having the Bing Respond( too much) bug. I am patient and very happy to have 8.1 so early. I would love her to have the features to be more Personal:

OPTION TO .....
-READ REMINDERS AND APPOINTMENTS OUT LOUD [ WHEN THEY POP UP]
READ ARTICLES OUT LOUD( IF I'm BUSY DOING SOMETHING ELES]
OVER ALL MORE VOCAL [ AND NOT JUST SHOW BING]

I[B]NDINGO[/B] ( A Free App in the store) CAN DO MORE ; IT Greets you by name , Returns Verbal answers, All the tings Cortana should do.

I LOVE WINDOWS AND CORTANA . I JUST HOPE THESE FEATURES ARE COMMING :smile:
CALL ME BY MY NAME

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I think reminders should be kept on the down low. I'm glad she doesn't say it out loud. It would be nice to have the option. Most reminders are set up for public situations. Cortana would probably freak out those who are not ready for her.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I think reminders should be kept on the down low. I'm glad she doesn't say it out loud. It would be nice to have the option. Most reminders are set up for public situations. Cortana would probably freak out those who are not ready for her.

Lol I agree, but I usually check my reminders and appointments in the morning so it would be nice if she could read both out loud

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks ven07

Does she read them when they " Pop Up" Ex; " Mr Gates its time to write that letter to Google" )

Or If I Ask ... Please read my appointments?" .... I'm asking due to her Beta- Status and the " BING for everything Bug"

Thanks in Advance!!!!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry.. I can't seem to replicate my success from this morning... Maybe tomorrow morning lol but I will keep you posted

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It seems to work..
Me: "What are my appointments for today?"
Cortana: "You have 4 appointments today. at 9am, blabla bla meeting at 2nd floor blabla building, at 3pm, blabla etc. ect., and Carl's birthday all day..."
Me: "Do I have any reminders today?"
Cortana: [proceeds to re-read my appointments] - I don't have any reminders.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
As it is you have to remember to check for reminders which seems kinda pointless. Should at least have an alarm or vibrate or something go off to get one to check the reminder when it activates.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
As it is you have to remember to check for reminders which seems kinda pointless. Should at least have an alarm or vibrate or something go off to get one to check the reminder when it activates.

Ehm I set the time in the reminder and it goes off just fine

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Imagine... "Remember to ask the Pharmacist about STD's" out loud.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My reasoning :

Cortana is a Virtual Personal Assistant Right?? .....
Would a real personal assistant Whisper or write you a note?? NO , she or he would verbalize it.

As far as sensitive subject matter, change the wording or I would use my Calendar or an alternative method. Many times I am alone working on a project . For those times I am engrossed, a Human voice type notification seems to be more apt to get my attention ( smile). Alarms , dings and pop up messages tend to be ignored or delayed .

Its not a " Deal Breaker" I enjoy Cortana as is ( well with less Bing Content without her verbal input or " Personality") would be nice. So I'll be patient. I'm not migrating to Androis or IPhone anytime soon.. Ha Ha Ha

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
True but having that option would be nice.

Exactly. You misunderstood me.

It would be awesome if she announced that I needed to ask the pharmacist about STD's out loud. That way all the ladies around would think, "Hey. That guy... he's obviously open to having some happy time. Let me offer myself to him."

​At least I think that's what would happen...

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. You misunderstood me.

It would be awesome if she announced that I needed to ask the pharmacist about STD's out loud. That way all the ladies around would think, "Hey. That guy... he's obviously open to having some happy time. Let me offer myself to him."

​At least I think that's what would happen...

Better yet is have here tell you out loud where the best place to pick up some magnum XL and lube😏

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm yea then Cortana must be mad at me, because she doesn't want to read mine for now lol

I guess we're both in the doghouse as she tells me she has found some Appointments, and then presents them on the screen. The calendar app does a better job. I used to get my calendar read aloud on WinMo, why not now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs