Can I get some help getting a virus on my Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello, during my visit in china i went on the wifi at the airport. Ever since i went and connected to their wifi i keep getting advertisments on my phone. They keep popping up after i spend a certain ammount of time on the web.

Can you help me?

To get a secure wifi connection at the airport i had to register my phone number.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Virus windows phone

Hi, welcome to wincentral.
They can't have put a virus on your phone, windows phone can't physically have any, it's way too secure. Are the ads you receive text messages? If so, I really don't know what you can do. If not, which is highly unlikely, save your files and do a hard reset.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

There are no known viruses for Windows Phone. Are the ads popping up in Internet Explorer only on specific sites? Have you visited these sites before and not seen any ads like it?

yorben

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Hello, well idk what it is but its causing something weird to go on with my phone.

So what happens is i go to any website (doesn't matter what website it is, even google or bing gets it) and at the bottum of the screen a pop-up shows up.
Something that does not go away. its always the same website lufax.com (recon you don't go there)

yorben

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

If its not a virus then what is it, its causing a pop-up or something that you can't click away at the bottum of your screen. Its something that occurs on every website, google, bing doesn't matter what it is. The popup leads to a website called lufax.com (recon you don't go there).

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

You seriously cannot connect to any wifi signal just because you don't see a charge for the connection and giving up your phone number for the privilege should have been a red flag. But things happen but now you know. Have you gone into your browser settings and clear your browsing history?
Go Settings > swipe to the left, to Applications > Internet Explorer / tap delete history. Then click advanced button and make sure SmartScreen, and Do not Track is checked.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Find that hard to believe TS story, he did not state what phone, might be an android. China Airport wifi mostly needs citizen ID for registration, if you are a traveler you wont be able to use the wifi over there, unless its from some restaurant.

yorben

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Hello im original poster of this thread, whats going on is that whenever i go to a website, doesnt matter which one it will cause a popup/ banner to appear at the bottom of my screen. you can't click it away unless you you click on it and it will lead you to their website.

yorben

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

You seriously cannot connect to any wifi signal just because you don't see a charge for the connection and giving up your phone number for the privilege should have been a red flag. But things happen but now you know. Have you gone into your browser settings and clear your browsing history?
Go Settings > swipe to the left, to Applications > Internet Explorer / tap delete history. Then click advanced button and make sure SmartScreen, and Do not Track is checked.

I have done this and so far it seems to work, no clue how and why but it seems to work.

I can't make a screeny right now iccy since its no longer there :-(

thank you all for your help and effort though it was starting to **** me off didn't think it would be so easy to get rid of.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I have done this and so far it seems to work, no clue how and why but it seems to work.

I can't make a screeny right now iccy since its no longer there :-(

thank you all for your help and effort though it was starting to **** me off didn't think it would be so easy to get rid of.

Oh that's great, next time think twice before connecting to any "FREE" wifi.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

1589404.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss