Can I get some help with a few problems I am having after the Denim update?

csNC

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems after Denim update

I have a Lumia 822. Yesterday I updated to Denim. Now, I cannot access any of my photos, nor do an attachment in an email. Furthermore, under Settings, I cannot open the following systems:
notifications+actions
Wi-Fi
VPN
storage sense
project my screen
sync my settings
quiet hours
language
accessory apps

Under Applications in Settings, I cannot open:
photos+camera

I would recommend to others who have not yet updated to Denim NOT to do so until and unless the BUGS in Denim are resolved. I consider it a major problem not to be able to open Wi-Fi sense and other systems, or to be able to see my photos and make an attachment.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

How do I uninstall apps in settings?
You can't, you can update them however. Try using SysApps Pusher it has most all (extra+info but not motion data) of the settings apps and you can update them there if there are updates. That may fix some issue you're having but only install them if it says UPDATE.

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I have a Lumia 822. Yesterday I updated to Denim. Now, I cannot access any of my photos, nor do an attachment in an email. Furthermore, under Settings, I cannot open the following systems:
notifications+actions
Wi-Fi
VPN
storage sense
project my screen
sync my settings
quiet hours
language
accessory apps

Under Applications in Settings, I cannot open:
photos+camera

I would recommend to others who have not yet updated to Denim NOT to do so until and unless the BUGS in Denim are resolved. I consider it a major problem not to be able to open Wi-Fi sense and other systems, or to be able to see my photos and make an attachment.

I rolled back to Cyan, updated to Denim, then updated to DP, and this seems to have solved all issues bar mobile connectivity...

csNC

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Pardon my ignorance, but can you provide a link which tells the steps on how to roll back? I am not really sure what version I was running prior to the update. I received the 822 new a year ago, and there was one prior update, if I recall correctly.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

If you need to uninstall then I guess you have to go through the process you outlined. My experience was that reinstalling the app, whithout previously uninstalling it, corrected whatever errors were causing the problem.

Yeah that's what.. If your apps are updated you cannot re install there would be no option to install... Just view button

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I rolled back to Cyan, updated to Denim, then updated to DP, and this seems to have solved all issues bar mobile connectivity...

Update: the mobile connectivity problem seems to be related to 4G. If I put the highest connection speed to 3G, then the connection issue disappears. Any suggestions?

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Update: the mobile connectivity problem seems to be related to 4G. If I put the highest connection speed to 3G, then the connection issue disappears. Any suggestions?

Maybe because 4G signal is not covered well in all areas in your country. Same with me. It's nothing unusual. If you mean internet connectivity then I don't know, but I guess it's the same thing. :)

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Having the same issue even on cyan. Reckon it's the weird way wp behaves. So, if 4G is not matured in your area, better set it to 3G. The system doesn't know how to downgrade when 4G is absent.

KTurner65

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Having the same issue even on cyan. Reckon it's the weird way wp behaves. So, if 4G is not matured in your area, better set it to 3G. The system doesn't know how to downgrade when 4G is absent.

I noticed that cellular connectivity is dropped when the phone is connected or is attempting to connect to 4G, which, as you say, is not so good in my area. But I never had this problem with cyan, which makes me think it's a firmware problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)