Can my power stay on when using Continuum?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can power stay on when using continuum

would like to have phone nbot sleep when using continuum so things stay open that were opened and waking from sleep sometiumes reequires addition unplugging and turning off devices that didnt wake up

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Staying awake appears to be the default behavior, at least when using the Continuum dock.

This is not true for the moment, at least on the 950XL.

I've been trying to find a way to keep the screen from timing out, but the longest duration option is 5 minutes. I swear when I first got the phone it would stay alive indefinitely.

I'm looking for a way to keep the screen on since I'm doing a lot in the kitchen today and have recipes open. Anyone know a solution? Maybe even an app (spotify doesn't) that can be open on the phone and prevent screen timeout?

Jon Snyder

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for the same thing. Kind of annoying and takes away from the advantages of using it. And every time I have to swipe up on my phone for the external screen to kick in.

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
We need to create more buzz on this issue I think. It's a very big one if Microsoft thinks people will actually be using devices as a desktop.

Imagine your laptop just going off after 5 minutes with no control over it. The Lumia 1520 on WP 8.1 had a 'Never' duration for timeout, which I actually used so I could keep recipes or things on screen.

danny 2

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: can power stay on when using continuum

Ditto this 5 minute shut down kills me.... I run multiple machines and tried using continuum to down size my carry arounds. So if I have to jump to another machine for a few minutes why don't my continuum stay active.. Arg I can't find the saying to keep it awake just the 5 minute like stayed above

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: can power stay on when using continuum

I made an app for that. When launched it will display a black screen. Tap once and it will display the time and date for 7 sec (Swedish). Double tap to close the app. While the app is running, the phone won't go to sleep and Continuum will be on.

Now please note, I'm not a developer and only did the app for personal use so it's hidden from store. You should however be able to try it using this link. You have to take it "as is". It works for me using the 950 XL and display dock.

First time you launch the app after install, navigation keys might not go away, just close the app and start it again and it should be fine.

Blackscreen

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen