Can not copy large video file from phone to computer.

NoteDeGhost

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
*update* Apparently if you select (highlight) the phone video file through your Windows browser and wait a minute or longer, depending on the size, it will be recognized (indicated by preview available )and allow you to access it (play, copy, move, or delete)...IDK why there's such a huge delay/buffering but it's been working.

I was actually able to copy large recorded videos from my Lumia 920 to Windows 8 up until at least a month ago...this was probably before the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Coincidentally, I ran out of memory on my phone today and the last of several video recordings was interrupted (not corrupted, just cut short with an error message of low space). I can see the thumbnails from my PC on my phone but I can't access them. I get the error "the requested resource is in use." And as I'm typing this reply, I managed to copy the first recording...but now I can't. LOL. Inconsistency is Microsoft's specialty. I'll try the above suggestion once I find a USB key.

Last edited:

Purple Rok Chic w

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the post about waiting for windows to recognise the file. All is ok now - selected - waited till appeared in preview pane then tfr went ahead without further issues:smile:

janeenmiler

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
What kind of mobile brand you are using, Android phone or iPhone? Because they come with different mobile operating systems, you must use different ways to transfer videos from phone to PC. If you are using iPhone, you can use iPhone Transfer or iTunes. If you are using Android, you can use Mobile Transfer. Hope these method can help you do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny