can somebody compare rumored Cityman specs to the icon

greeleyest

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Last windows phone i had was the icon, and i didnt keep it long. I did like the feel tho, is the icon made of the same material as the 950xl is rumored to made of?

Also what makes xl necessary to own over the 950 specs wise?
As the 950 has a sharper display by being smaller and is the same size as my galaxy s6.

Finally why should somebody buy an 950 xl over an icon?
i dont feel like the icon is obsolete

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
At the moment, there's probably two features the 950 XL has over the Icon, and that's pen support and Continuum.
Well the guy didd mention specs as well so, faster processor, more cores, possibly better camera as well. on the real thoiugh,we cant be sure of any of these until the actual device is announced or made available on the market.

greeleyest

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Well since im on verizon it also depends on if they make it cdma.

Let say it is, the Icon goes from $100-$200 online. That 950 would have to be a real amazing phoone if it cost over $399 (2x the icon)

Is nobody worried the phone ui wont scale well?
i have a dekstop with 1440p and windows doesnr scale very well, but games look great in 1440p

Android ui on the other hand looks great in 1440p

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
screen is better, processor is better, more ram, camera sensor is the same but im sure they are working on optimizing it even more. The photos from a 640 xl in good light is better than an iPhone 6, so I can safely state that the camera in the 950 will be great. then there is continuum, hello, pen support, usb C, and better battery. Its just better by a fair margin.

viperRBNY

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an Icon and one of the features that I love about it is its music recording capabilities, with its HAAC microphones. I browsed the rumored specs of the upcoming 950/950XL and there is no mention of either featuring HAAC mics. I'm hoping this is one of the features that Microsoft doesn't leave off (to save money). Anyone have any info on this?

ytrewq

May 22, 2014
Visit site
If they price it well, I'll by an XL. But I have an Icon now, and I do feel that I would be upgrading because I like having the latest and greatest, not because it will really do a lot more for me. The Icon is a great phone. I don't ever feel that I wish I had a faster processor, more memory, etc.

Today's smartphones are all full of hardware that has outpaced the software. It's time for MS and the developers to figure out great ways to use the spectacular hardware. Until that happens, we're all chasing specs for the sake of specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky