Can you do this with an iPad?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Beware, the Mac user take on this is that if you had a Mac, then it wouldn't BSOD and you wouldn't need an iPad to do this.
When paying 2x to 2.5x more for a MAC, it damn well better not BSOD! Silly mac users totally ignore the price they pay over "an inferior Windows computer." :wink:

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
When paying 2x to 2.5x more for a MAC, it damn well better not BSOD! Silly mac users totally ignore the price they pay over "an inferior Windows computer." :wink:
I'm a "silly Mac user" and I didn't ignore the price difference over inferior Windows computers. I weighed the benefits of owning a Macbook Pro vs. A similar Windows-based notebook (Aluminum unibody and similar build qualities, stability of OSX, etc.) and determined that the price difference was worth it.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Being someone who uses my computer as my primary gaming machine (not something I do a lot of, but it is nevertheless an important function for me), I have stayed on the PC side of the fence. My current machine is a Lenovo, and it is quite nice. I haven't had a single problem with it.

However, I see nothing wrong with someone choosing a Mac over a PC. Macs are good computers. They are well built, well designed, use less power than a Windows machine on the same hardware, and are generally fast and stable. If you've got the money to spend and you don't absolutely need a Windows machine, buying a Mac makes plenty of sense.

The only thing that gets me is when people tell me that PCs are nothing but cheap, unstable garbage. That simply is not the case. In reality, both are generally very high quality these days. PCs offer many more options in hardware, design and customization while Macs are more stylish, are high quality in materials and design, and they carry all the benefits of the more controlled, locked down nature of their hardware and OS.

There is far too much hatred on both sides of this debate (not necessarily here, but in general). They are just computers.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that gets me is when people tell me that PCs are nothing but cheap, unstable garbage. That simply is not the case. In reality, both are generally very high quality these days. PCs offer many more options in hardware, design and customization while Macs are more stylish, are high quality in materials and design, and they carry all the benefits of the more controlled, locked down nature of their hardware and OS.

There is far too much hatred on both sides of this debate (not necessarily here, but in general). They are just computers.

I get questioned all the time that since I create/produce music I Should own a Mac since its Better' for it which is completely false. Keep in mind I get told this by people who know nothing about production software or computers for that matter. Both are equally good and offer their own benefits, it all comes down to preference.

there's a big perception out there in terms of PC not being good for certain things...when in fact sometimes its the same or even better, depending on what you want. Macs are great computers and I give Apple credit where its due....i just hate how so many non-computer centric people tell me, someone educated in a particular area, that im using the 'wrong' machine for my passion.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, aren't the hardware abhor the same price now, and sometimes cheaper for max stuff?

I may be out of touch with retail branded windows vs Mac junk, sorry, I build hackintoshes

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Macs are still more expensive when you compare computers with similar specs and build quality. There are of course exceptions to this rule but generally speaking Macs still are sold at a premium compared to their competition.
I get questioned all the time that since I create/produce music I Should own a Mac since its Better' for it which is completely false. Keep in mind I get told this by people who know nothing about production software or computers for that matter. Both are equally good and offer their own benefits, it all comes down to preference.

there's a big perception out there in terms of PC not being good for certain things...when in fact sometimes its the same or even better, depending on what you want. Macs are great computers and I give Apple credit where its due....i just hate how so many non-computer centric people tell me, someone educated in a particular area, that im using the 'wrong' machine for my passion.
There is definitely a perception problem on the Windows side. In the creative world the idea of using a PC for work is scoffed at by many, and a lot of people genuinely believe that a Mac is inherently better despite the fact that you can run the exact same software on both. There is really nothing about a Mac that makes your work easier or better. The most you can really say is that they are consistently high quality computers that have been designed with an attention to detail that is rarely (but not never) matched on the PC side. In other words, a Mac is always something of a known quantity, where you need to be better informed when buying a PC.

Anyway, this perception problem has really only gotten worse with Windows 8 which, although a shame in my book, makes a lot of sense. I'm a little surprised that some of the changes introduced to OSX in the last few years haven't been met with more resistance, but clearly Windows 8 is a much larger change, at least on a surface level. The funny thing for me is that Windows 8 has not changed how I use my laptop one bit. The change is very visible, but far less impactful than people realize.

GreatCanadian

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Redundancy is LAW in some cases. For example, at my work, every evening complete backups are created on our servers. Also, a backup copy MUST be taken out of our building! Redundancy is good. Noone should rely on ONE backup. Your LOL comment is not warranted. It is not a neverending cycle of backups. 3 backups is not out of the norm. I have my important files stored on my work computer, my home computer, and in the cloud. That's 3 copies (2 backups).

Sure redundancy is nice, but in that case you ought to back up, your last back up.. in case that fails.. you might need to back that up as well.. :p thus an never ending cycle of back ups lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254