Can you launch maps from a calendar address?

frakius

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi I recently purchased a Lumia 930 and wondered if you can launch the maps app by clicking on location entered in calendar? I use my calendar for my work and all my jobs have the location I have to go to in them, on my iPhone 6 I can click on the address and the maps app opens and finds the address and I can get directions, same on my Nexus 4. I have not been able to do this on my Lumia 930, I get round it by cutting and pasting the address from the calendar into Here Maps but its a bit clunky. It's one of those things you just assume everyone would have implemented!
Apart from that minor issue enjoying my new Lumia more than my iPhone or Nexus!

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Two screensnap to show you this. Its on my friends 735, I am pretty sure that will work on 930 as well once location is ON.

wp_ss_20150217_0001.png
wp_ss_20150217_0002.png

frakius

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok I am now annoyed, it does not work on my phone and location is turned on in general settings. So i dug around a bit more and it seems to be a region issue. My phone is a UK Lumia 930, if I switch to USA as region the links seem to work mostly as actual links you can click on to launch maps. Why on earth this isn't working when I set region to UK I do not know, however its very annoying. Does anyone with a UK phone have this issue would be curious to see.

emigrating

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this is yet another US only feature. Not sure why because I had an appointment in the thick Swedish woods not long ago and Cortana even reminded me I should leave now due to traffic and weather conditions - so it definitely works for the most remote of places.

frakius

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Most odd that it's region specific :( Guess I'll leave my phone set to US, doesn't seem to affect anything else as far as I can tell and been able to launch maps from calendar app is very useful for me.

Steve Voina

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the Lumia 640 in the UK and have the same issue. I tried the region change to US that you are using but that made no difference on this phone. Most frustrating, like yourself I need to link to maps as all my appointments are at different locations! If anyone reads this and knows a cure I would be most grateful

Cooperman2015

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone get an answer or anywhere at all with this? I have Lumia 735's and 930's and have this same issue its really stupid given that the phone comes with the map software on it!

Please can someone advise.

Thanks
Cooperman out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)