Candy Crush isn't coming to WP I am devastated - Sigh!

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Candy Crush Saga developer King has just announced that will put all WP development on hold indefinitely, citing WP global market share is too low to continue. They didn't say that the wouldn't start all over again if WP pick up steam. Candy Crush developer puts Windows Phone game development on hold indefinitely

First let me laugh a little bit: Hahahaha, hahahaha; Hey King who cares. You are using the lamest excuse to stop WP development when in fact you have to stop because nobody is playing your games specially CCS. Everybody that follows business news knows about you IPO disaster Why China Can’t Save King’s Candy Crush Saga (KING).
I want to quote some of the comments
  1. "Translation: Our game isn't popular anymore and we didn't want to develop the game in the first place. We'll blame WP marketshare."
  2. "Candy crush is played out. So many match 3 clones came after it that were sufficient."
  3. "Absolutely ridiculous. I know of 1 person that was missing that game when they switched over to Windows Phone. I think they found similar alternative games and I guess that was good enough because the user is now on their second Windows Phone."
  4. "When a market of 50-100million potential customers is not enough you know they have other issues."
I just believe many of these game developers are using WP market share because they are running out; remember Zynga? History is repeating itself. If you own and Android and/or an iPhone the chances that you played CCS is above 95% even me that had been using WP for the last 4 yrs have play the game. As one of my quote says: you shutting down 50-100m potential customer that platform isn't the problem; you are the problem. How many Android and/or iPhone users do they believe will play its game/s once again? In my estimated: None. Yes it is true we want and need more apps, but we don't need dying apps that nobody else want to use. Thanks but not thanks, King.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's still hilarious that King still hasn't ported it over to WP with XBL certification.

XBL alone will guarantee that people will keep playing it after years!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
OMG! My sweet tooth hurts!!!
Meh! Who cares! Long live the king....not! :p
Sent by my freaking awesome Nokia Lumia 1520

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
This is what I don't understand. Developers say that the WP market share is too small and not enough people use it so they are not going to release the apps. But at the same time new customers that are very app dependent don't buy the windows phone because of "lack of apps".

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
If your priority is mobile games then WP isn't the platform you are looking for.

Try alternative or you can say goodbye

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)