Cannot connect Continuum between Lumia 950XL and Lenovo X230

Grzegorz Korcyl

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having a hard time trying to wirelessly connect Lumia 950XL to Lenovo X230 laptop. The Connect app launches but gets stuck in with the message "Lumia is about to project" and progress circle going on and on. The same happens in case I open the app myself. On both devices I have Windows 10 Anniversary Update with all the recent updates, settings enabled, phone and PC restarts etc.
Interesting thing is that the connection works perfectly well between the phone and my Surface Pro 3, updated as well. So it's just the thing with Lenovo X230. I did check and it supports Miracast as well.
Any ideas, what more I could check?

I'd like to be productive like a boss, but this issue stands in my way ;)

Greg

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm really thinking the x230 is too old, maybe older version of miracast standard. Like my surface 3 and surface pro 3 get warnings that it might not work... but does work....

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't help you but it seemed to work on my Lenovo Helix... got some artifacts on the screen at times but was able to manage, read emails, send an email...

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft's own miracast server is a bit weird. I have the AirServer app in my laptop from 2014 and it works with my phone, but I haven't been able to connect with Microsoft's server so far :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb