Can't "Get" apps from Apps Store after Anniversary Update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

New to this forum: I have been unsuccessfully trying to resolve this issue through other forums. I am unable to "Get" new apps since Anniversary Update.
Lumie 640 LTE, Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.14393.189
Can't "Get" new apps from App Store. I get the message: "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."
Can get updates for installed apps.
Can download/reinstall "owned apps" that were previously uninstalled.
Can download/install apps which were installed on my other Lumia 640 LTE on Window Phone 8.1. Any "Owned" app seems to be no problem.
This is what I have done so far: Soft reset including removing battery. Hard reset and restore. Reset time zone. Turn on/turn off battery saver. Verified that both of my Lumia 640's are listed under "Devices" in my Microsoft Account.
Hope someone can shed some light on this, and I don't have to wait on a future update to rectify the problem.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
New to this forum: I have been unsuccessfully trying to resolve this issue through other forums. I am unable to "Get" new apps since Anniversary Update.
Lumie 640 LTE, Windows 10 Mobile Build 10.0.14393.189
Can't "Get" new apps from App Store. I get the message: "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."
Can get updates for installed apps.
Can download/reinstall "owned apps" that were previously uninstalled.
Can download/install apps which were installed on my other Lumia 640 LTE on Window Phone 8.1. Any "Owned" app seems to be no problem.
This is what I have done so far: Soft reset including removing battery. Hard reset and restore. Reset time zone. Turn on/turn off battery saver. Verified that both of my Lumia 640's are listed under "Devices" in my Microsoft Account.
Hope someone can shed some light on this, and I don't have to wait on a future update to rectify the problem.

Check via Edge if your MS account is ok or needs some attention like a check code (go to hotmail.com e.g.)
"Something happened on our end" means a local server backend iussue (Store doesnt get iussues till now). Try using another wifi or your carrier data

Dbonne

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Ok. Per your suggestion I tried another WIFI via my Verizon hotspot. No joy. Tied "Getting" Pandora and got the same failure to "Get" and same message, "Try that again etc". Can there possibly be some issue with having two identical devices, even though the OS is different on each one? On my MS account it does show two Lumia 640's, though I cannot detail the icons to get the properties of each phone and thereby ensure that the serial numbers are different. Would syncing devices play any part in this? And is there a possibility that the settings on the Win 10 phone might be skewed? I thoroughly checked my settings and can't find any problems. As I said, I have no problem getting new apps with the Win 8.1 phone, and then getting those same apps with the Win 10 phone once those apps are "Owned".

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Per your suggestion I tried another WIFI via my Verizon hotspot. No joy. Tied "Getting" Pandora and got the same failure to "Get" and same message, "Try that again etc". Can there possibly be some issue with having two identical devices, even though the OS is different on each one? On my MS account it does show two Lumia 640's, though I cannot detail the icons to get the properties of each phone and thereby ensure that the serial numbers are different. Would syncing devices play any part in this? And is there a possibility that the settings on the Win 10 phone might be skewed? I thoroughly checked my settings and can't find any problems. As I said, I have no problem getting new apps with the Win 8.1 phone, and then getting those same apps with the Win 10 phone once those apps are "Owned".

The only thing you can't change is your location. SO that's really a local backend iussue. Only ways for fixing that are 1) wait till servers fix it, as usual, about 24 hrs .2) change country ;) That's the meaning of my statement

Windows 10 uses different store (and servers)

Dbonne

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I appreciate your reply. Just want to update the situation to see if it flags anything. Since my last reply, I installed Pandora on my Win 8.1 phone and then downloaded and installed the "Owned" Pandora app flawlessly to my Win 10 phone. I had previously tried to get Pandora this morning on the Win 10 phone with the same failure and message. Also two days ago, following other suggestions on the web, I changed the location of the phone to Virgin Islands. So location doesn't seem to make a difference either. What I can't understand is why I can download and install an "owned" app but not a new app. I would welcome an explanation for this if you have one.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate your reply. Just want to update the situation to see if it flags anything. Since my last reply, I installed Pandora on my Win 8.1 phone and then downloaded and installed the "Owned" Pandora app flawlessly to my Win 10 phone. I had previously tried to get Pandora this morning on the Win 10 phone with the same failure and message. Also two days ago, following other suggestions on the web, I changed the location of the phone to Virgin Islands. So location doesn't seem to make a difference either. What I can't understand is why I can download and install an "owned" app but not a new app. I would welcome an explanation for this if you have one.

Can you sign out of store? And then sign back in?
And try the new 14393.221 update

Dbonne

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried something this morning (grabbing at straws) from a question that that. You aked if I was able to sign in and sign out from the App Store. I wasn't sure what you meant so I found where there was a sign out option when I tapped on my account from the App Store home logo. I signed out and then attempted to install a third party calculator app. It installed without a problem. I then signed back in in the Store app and again attempted to "Get" a third party app. I got the familiar "Try that again........" message.

So it seems that when I am signed in to the store I cannot "Get" a new app and when I am signed out I can.

Does this make sense to anyone? As I said, this all started after the Anniversary Update. I can live with having to sign out to get a new app and then sign back in, but it shouldn't work this way. Any idea on what's going on. From reading some other posts in this and other forums it seems that this issue is not limited to Mobile.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried something this morning (grabbing at straws) from a question that that. You aked if I was able to sign in and sign out from the App Store. I wasn't sure what you meant so I found where there was a sign out option when I tapped on my account from the App Store home logo. I signed out and then attempted to install a third party calculator app. It installed without a problem. I then signed back in in the Store app and again attempted to "Get" a third party app. I got the familiar "Try that again........" message.

So it seems that when I am signed in to the store I cannot "Get" a new app and when I am signed out I can.

Does this make sense to anyone? As I said, this all started after the Anniversary Update. I can live with having to sign out to get a new app and then sign back in, but it shouldn't work this way. Any idea on what's going on. From reading some other posts in this and other forums it seems that this issue is not limited to Mobile.

maybe it's related to the way MS is rolling out the outlook.com upgrade :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)