Can't submit for warranty repair

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So I want to send my 640 XL for repair under warranty. There's a short form on MS site to complete and when you click 'submit' it says I should get a label, repair tracking number, etc to my inbox. Problem is, I've been doing this every day for a week and each time I get an email stating "Order Processing Delay". When I call Mobile Support they say they can't do anything about it because "It seems like it's a problem with Microsoft's website and we're just mobile support." I've called them several times and get the same response each time. They finally broke down and gave me an address I can send my phone to, but without a repair tracking number, I'm pretty hesitant to do so.

It seems that MS has a catch-22: you can't get your repair tracking number unless you submit your claim online, and you can't submit your claim online because the website is down and we don't support it.

What would you do? Has anyone just sent their phone off to an address like this with a "best of luck to you" prayer? Is there another department or line or route I can go to in order to get my phone repaired? This experience alone makes me very, very hesitant to buy another phone from MS.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you able to have your phone repaired? Which country are you from?

I am in the United States.

They FINALLY were able to manually send me a label, but dealing with their service hotline is pretty bad. I explained that the phone was an international model I bought on eBay, I get different answers depending on who I get on the phone as to whether or not they can repair it under warranty. I sent it in two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. At this point, I don't really care, as I got the 920 to keep me happy until the 950 comes out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy