Can't update Windows 10

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=821403 Is this the W10 updater tool you ran?
This is the Anniversary .exe file, that is the link you posted above. The same one I suggested very early in this thread

"Hey buddy thanks a lot :D :happy:
I used get update tool unknowingly and voila, it sorted out my issue." Post # 29

You used this tool unknowingly and voila, issue solved!
I volunteer my time here on MC to help people, and I enjoy doing that. When members respond back with what helped them, I make notes so that I can suggest the procedure again to others. Thank you ! That wasn't hard, was it! How can you use this tool unknowingly?? That's my question to you!
I'm very happy that you got your problem solved and hope I was a small part of the solution.:wink:
Come back and share your knowledge here on the forum!:smile:

Last edited:

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Hahah xD
I ran the tool for few minutes then paused it, how it resumed itself is a mustery to me.
I know you posted that link that's why I thanked you buddy .

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hahah xD
I ran the tool for few minutes then paused it, how it resumed itself is a mustery to me.
I know you posted that link that's why I thanked you buddy .
OK thanks for your reply. I'm glad it all worked out for you!:wink: We both learned from this! That's the good thing!:smile:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Don't be a stranger. Come back and share your knowledge with other members. You seem to have a lot of knowledge about W10 that you can share here on WC.

David De Mingo

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I am using anniversary edition :cool:
increased my system reserved partition size to 500 mb from 350mb 3 days back. I think it helped me.
looking for logic behind it though.
I have exactly de same problem with a very similar computer (Lenovo G500 in my case, originally with W8), Aniversay update is always stuck at 32% no matter what I do. I left it updating along the night several times and nothing. Can you please say how can I increase my system reserved partition? in my case it is a 260Mb EFI, and it is between the recovery partition and the OEM partition (1000Mb each)
Sin t?tulo.png

Azeroth08

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly de same problem with a very similar computer (Lenovo G500 in my case, originally with W8), Aniversay update is always stuck at 32% no matter what I do. I left it updating along the night several times and nothing. Can you please say how can I increase my system reserved partition? in my case it is a 260Mb EFI, and it is between the recovery partition and the OEM partition (1000Mb each)
View attachment 132530

I have formatted my whole hdd including all partitions So currently I dont have OEM partition or hidden recovery partition.
I deleted all partitions and fresh install win 8 then increase efi partition to 500mb+ via AOMEI partition manager then update windows using get anniversary update exe file.
It worked for me, hope it work out for you.

Let us know how it goes
Good luck

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have formatted my whole hdd including all partitions So currently I dont have OEM partition or hidden recovery partition.
I deleted all partitions and fresh install win 8 then increase efi partition to 500mb+ via AOMEI partition manager then update windows using get anniversary update exe file.
It worked for me, hope it work out for you.

Let us know how it goes
Good luck

Thanks for your tutorial :)

Cheers

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys! I'm not sure it's lazy thing. I'm thinking it's more like "Not really knowing how help forums work, and not knowing their device very well." There's a lot more then just taking it out of the box and turning it on. We all have to learn these things!:grin:
Thanks for your replies. This thread just keeps growing. I guess that's a good thing!:wink:

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys! I'm not sure it's lazy thing. I'm thinking it's more like "Not really knowing how help forums work, and not knowing their device very well." There's a lot more then just taking it out of the box and turning it on. We all have to learn these things!:grin:
Thanks for your replies. This thread just keeps growing. I guess that's a good thing!:wink:

It is indeed :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro