• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Certain program on windows with bing

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has tried putting canon utility software on a 8in tablet running windows with Bing and how it has performed? If you even can? I know you can load it with out a cd. But not sure if the tablets can run it right or not? Any thoughts?

Laura Knotek

Mar 31, 2012
It should run, since Windows with Bing is x86 Windows. I installed printer drivers for an Epson printer on my WinBook TW700 tablet. I'm able to print wirelessly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Yes, I have the HP stream 8 and I was able to add my HP something printer. This automatically installed the driver once I connected it to the network. Otherwise, you can go to the website and try to download the drivers, too. I had to do that with my XP laptop a while back, but it all worked the same.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
I was under the impression you had an RT version, my bad...

Well I do own a surface rt. But I'm looking at getting a 8in tablet with windows. I'd rather stay in my windows realm then buy an android for an app. That's why I was wondering if canon utility program works well or at all on the tablets that are windows with Bing 32 bit. I want to control my Dslr camera with my tablet. Which with the android app I can. I just really don't want an android tablet.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Yes, I have the HP stream 8 and I was able to add my HP something printer. This automatically installed the driver once I connected it to the network. Otherwise, you can go to the website and try to download the drivers, too. I had to do that with my XP laptop a while back, but it all worked the same.
Do you think the atom processor is enough to run canon utility for dslr's?