Choosing which photos show on live tile?

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Choosing which photos show on live tile

I've had my Lumia 930 for some months now and only just decided to upgrade to WM10 last night. It all went well, I'm pleased to say.

But the Photos app live tile is showing pictures from all over the place, including tiny jpegs from tutorials; snaps of timetables, posters, and interesting items in shop windows that were useful at the time; and other stuff I want to save but not necessarily see.

In the Settings for the Photos app, it looks like I can only set the tile to display recent photos or a single photo. In the WM8.1 app I could set it to display photos from one selected folder. Have they really downgraded the app that much, or is there some secret to just showing pictures from just one folder?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Choosing which photos show on live tile

I've had my Lumia 930 for some months now and only just decided to upgrade to WM10 last night. It all went well, I'm pleased to say.

But the Photos app live tile is showing pictures from all over the place, including tiny jpegs from tutorials; snaps of timetables, posters, and interesting items in shop windows that were useful at the time; and other stuff I want to save but not necessarily see.

In the Settings for the Photos app, it looks like I can only set the tile to display recent photos or a single photo. In the WM8.1 app I could set it to display photos from one selected folder. Have they really downgraded the app that much, or is there some secret to just showing pictures from just one folder?

Simply, mark your best pics as Favourites (the heart sign) then in Photo Settings, Live tile -> Favourites

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

I don't see a heart sign.

I go into the Photos app, swipe over to Folders, find the folder I want to use and tap on it. From there I see a refresh icon and a select icon. If I select some photos, I get the option to share them or delete them. If I just tap on a photo, I get options to share, edit, or delete a photo, and from the menu I can create a slide show, print the photo, or set as lock screen, background, or Photos tile. This last one is just the same as going into the settings for the photo app and setting the tile to display a single photo. In other words, this photo is the only one shown. There is no heart sign anywhere.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I don't see a heart sign.

I go into the Photos app, swipe over to Folders, find the folder I want to use and tap on it. From there I see a refresh icon and a select icon. If I select some photos, I get the option to share them or delete them. If I just tap on a photo, I get options to share, edit, or delete a photo, and from the menu I can create a slide show, print the photo, or set as lock screen, background, or Photos tile. This last one is just the same as going into the settings for the photo app and setting the tile to display a single photo. In other words, this photo is the only one shown. There is no heart sign anywhere.

Ok, your phone doesn't update yet Photo app, and maybe many others. Go to Store, hamburger, My downloads, Check updates and verify

Win10 Photo App has got the Favourite option + folder.
It works opening every single photo you like (o simply sliding photos by photos view), and tapping heart sign on each of them

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

That was it, thanks, Maurizio. :smile:

It's interesting, though. After I upgraded to Windows 10, I opened other Microsoft apps and they automatically offered me the change to update. The Photos one didn't, for some reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb