Comcast up to some bad tricks.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, Comcast is at it again, and I'm hoping there will be a backlash so immense that it will bite them big time.

People wanted to complain about OneDrive downsizing storage? This is every bit as bad, if not worse.

What am I talking about? Get more info at the following link.
Comcast data caps leak

Basically, Comcast is going to start limiting people to 300GB per month of bandwidth, and charge $10 for every 50GB over.

I'm already limiting my data usage quite a bit, because I can't even get Comcast. All I can get is the LTE from AT&T or Verizon, and yes, I go with AT&T as it is cheaper and better customer service. That doesn't speak well of AT&T customer service exactly, just speaks worse for Verizon's. ;)

I had thought about if I moved close enough to town to get cable Internet, I would do it so that I would have unlimited Internet, but that seems to be going away these days. Oh, Comcast is offering Unlimited as an add-on to your existing service for an extra $35 per month. Its all so they can sell you more data, as if a person's Comcast bill isn't already way too much to afford. My in-laws have been ready to cut off the service for a while now, and this may just push them over the edge.

I think it is also a move to keep people from getting their content as much from the streaming services, because they want you to use their cable channels.

What do you think about this situation?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's horrible! When I first heard that they have data caps, I thought that was really bad. I have FiOS and they don't do data caps, you just have various data speeds to choose from. 300 GB in a month is wild to me. How would that work for a family who plays games online, streams music, they all download and update apps over WiFi, and never mind just watching shows and YouTube online. That can go over pretty quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria