Coming soon - Lifeline, the app that calls 911 and speaks to the operator for you.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
From the developer of Atmosphere, the hit weather app, and Speech, the virtual assistant, comes Lifeline, the app that, when pinned to your start screen, allows the user to, in a single tap, call emergency services from their start screen. One confirmation message is displayed to stop an accidental call.

But this isn't what makes Lifeline great. Before I go on to explain the killer feature of Lifeline, take a look at this stat:

90% of cell phone 911 calls cannot be traced to an exact location.

Lifeline solves this problem.

What lifeline does is speak a distress message, through your phones speakers, that the operator or anyone around you can hear. It includes location, type of emergency, and other things. In , say, a hostage situation, you can mute the speaker and have your phone communicate to the operator for you via text.

Lifeline will release in less then a month. It is planned to debut on Windows Phone, Android, and, after launch, iOS for 0.99.

Last edited:

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
What a great idea!

Will this only be available in America, or will this work internationally? For example, if I'm in the UK I would like it to ring 999 instead of 911.

Looks great! :D

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a great idea in my opinion. however, letting the user to modify the emergency number would be the most important thing for such an app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes