Confused what Microsoft are doing

MarCou

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Those preorders were part of a contest, the prize was a number of units of the Nokia X. Anybody could preorder 4 devices to increase the probability of winning one of the free phones.
How many of those preorders were converted into actual sales? Almost none.

I think the sales of the Nokia X were quite good for a first gen product, but probably a much lower than the sales of the Lumia line.

Yeah. I checked that and you are right. I dont know actual sales of Nokia X. I just checked pair of Chinese phonemarkets and it seemed to be sold out.

But i always thought that X line couldn't become big hit. It ain't WP nor clear Android. It's just walkie talkie with navigation. So canceling its production was right choice from MS.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
There is also the possibility that Microsoft cancelled to Nokia X in order to go full Android. I don't think that's their motive, but it's a possibility. If they're after users to get on their services though, it's not a bad idea. Microsoft's services are better on an Android (or iPhone) than they are on a Windows Phone.

This issue they would have is enticing users to use Microsoft services on a full fledged Android that also has Google's services. If they could figure that out, they win. Device sales go way up, and services along with it.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Killed off Android X which in fact shipped 10,000,000 units, maybe Nokia decided to stab Microsoft in the back just before the mobile division was taken over.

Do you have a source for that number? If it's true, sales of the X were pretty impressive. Compare with recent monthly sales figures for the iPhone 5S - 7 million and Samsung Galaxy S5 - 5 million. I'm not sure how many months the X was available for, but this figure would suggest the X range sold more units than the Lumia range (approx 8 million per quarter, 2.7 million per month) while it was available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria