Cortana is missing from my Windows 8.1 Lumia 520

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I downloaded the recent Cyan update for my Lumia 520 and finally got Windows 8.1. But Cortana is missing. I don't see it in the applications menu under settings. I have regions and languages set to English too.

I finally have the action bar, the new icons and settings, more customization tile options, but Cortana is nowhere to be found. I press the search button and Bing shows up, not Cortana.

If anyone can help I appreciate it. Thanks.

Cleo Douglas

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I'm in Tennessee and I had Cortana and now I don't it is like it down graded. How do I get her back? I have everything set to USA although others are avaible

Eliot Grigg

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem/issue. I'm in the UK (where Cortana is supposedly now available), using a Lumia 520 on Windows 8.1, with the Cyan update (update 1), and although all the other latest features are there, Cortana is nowhere to be found. I've tried asking in my local EE shop, but was told they couldn't help. I managed to get the American Cortana - briefly - a few weeks ago by changing my region and language to the USA, but I foolishly reverted to my UK settings, and now changing to USA doesn't work. PLEASE help!

4yoya

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Slide to the aplication screen, find cortana under c, just long-tap and select pin to Start to create a Start screen tile. You can also use the Search button to launch Cortana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05