Cortana live tile not working

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
How do I make the cortana live to display news and notifications ?
It initially used to flip over and show me news and updates but now the live tile ain't working

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Like many of these live tiles, they quit working without warning. Do you have Amazing Weather installed? If you do, get rid of it and soft boot your phone.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. Soft reset and deleting the weather and news apps didn't work.
Can anybody please help?

I found a fix. First thing please make sure your location is turned on. If its not cortana live tile WILL NOT work so after that unpin the tile, do a soft reset and repin the tile. Open cortana let it load the news and weather, once done close it and the live tile might not start working immediately after around an hour or so you can watch the live tile working. :)

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry that seemed to work for me.
I don't know I think it should still be working and not be dependent on those apps..so install them back and do one thing change region back to original one. If its U.S.A then change it to UK or something and once phone restarts change region back to USA again and setup Cortana from start. See if that helps :)

sanchit19jain

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Even if I pin the news tile from Cortana separately it isn't a live tile. It just says 'haedline news' on the top and 'cortana' on the bottom. Tried the soft reset thing about 5 times. Don't know what to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo