Cortana - silence on appointments yet?

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
In WP8.1, Cortana can automatically silence your phone during Calendar events which you've marked as "Busy". I find this incredibly useful because I'm in and out of lectures all day and it's just not possible to remember to switch my phone every single time.

One of the reasons I uninstalled W10M from my Lumia 1520 a few months ago is because the Cortana in W10M did not support that feature.

Can anyone tell me if it has come back yet? I'd like to give W10M another try, but I really need the automatic silencing.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

No, that much expected feature hasn't returned yet to windows 10 mobile, is it on production (10586/TH2 branch) or dev (14xxx/RS1) :/

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
msirapian: Thank you so much for your reply.

Any rough idea when that feature might trickle through into a release version? Does it look like weeks or months to you?

Thanks again.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
According to me: months. RS1 is now in end game, Microsoft are bug bashing and refining builds to get the release one. I don't see them adding new features at this stage.
So the feature could return to Cortana / Quiet hours with RS2, which means weeks after end of July, and only on Insider Fast at start. This is *if* this feature is to return to W10M and *if* it gets into RS2.
Of course I may be wrong and this could be added to RS1 before July, but it's unlikely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium