custom notifications

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey Microsoft...here is a problem I have 3 nokia lumina phones in the house and I cant tell who gets a message cuz all the notifications sound EXACTLY the same, let us customize this, how did you not figure this out from windows phone 7

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah M.S still has a lot of work to be done with the O.S far from perfect, no notification system, has the worse syncing software when it comes to music.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, for mac users, just use iTunes (and keep lossless files intact! - though they are down converted on the fly for WP). I know in windows, at least in current form, it is a bit less useful.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not to my ear... Plus there 8 non-Nokia sounds you can use and they definitely do not sound the same as the default.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I think they either purposely hold things back so they can get a big "congrats/thank you" at some point when the eventually do it, or they have a very limited number of people working on the OS. Some of the things left out should have been very easy to include and it just makes you scratch your head how they miss what should be easy.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not having custom notification sounds is pretty annoying. I used to have R2D2 when I got a text. Not only was it awesome, it's one of those sounds that you can really hear well even in a noisy area. I miss my old buddy.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Definitely missing the notification options compared to Android. I had different one's from my Hotmail, Exchange, Gmail and text. Hopefully we'll have alot more options down the road. Let's throw in separate audio streams as well......I can't stand how this is at the moment:(

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I love that people say "fix this", not "change this", like they TRIED to give us custom sounds but failed.

No, they tried to give us a set of choices, and succeeded.

Nothing to fix.
Something to change? Sure.

peanutbutterbug

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I do find that the notification tone choices sound very similar. The person I share my desk with and the person at the next desk all have Nokia Windows phones too and we have a hard time telling sometimes who's phone is getting the notification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb