Custom Ringtones any 1?!?! :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
We now have the first WP7 homebrew application taking advantage of unlocked phones -

a Windows Phone 7 custom ringtone manager.

The applications has two components:

*Desktop application - used to build a custom XAP package with 5 custom ringtones you select from your computer (Requires .NET 4.0 Framework)

*XAP application - to be deployed to your WP7 to install custom ringtones to the system

Notes:

Ringtones have to be in the WMA format at 48KHz as required by the OS. We recommend using Expression Encoder 4 (free) to transcode any MP3s.
To deploy the XAP you created, I suggest to take a look at the Deploying XAP to Windows Phone for Dummies tutorial <coming soon>

you can Download the app here: http://walshie.me/ChevronWP7.RingtoneInstaller.zip

.net 4.0 FRAMEWORK here : Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer)
==========================================================================

JAILBREAKING!!!!!!!!!

M$' official response to the jailbreak:
We anticipated that people would attempt to unlock the phones and explore the underlying operating system. We encourage people to use their Windows Phone as supplied by the manufacturer to ensure the best possible user experience. Attempting to unlock a device could void the warranty, disable phone functionality, interrupt access to Windows Phone 7 services or render the phone permanently unusable.

First of all:
I do NOT take responsibility for anything!!! Do anything on your OWN risk!

Ingreedients:

A Windows-based PC, minimum: Windows XP SP2
THIS
Zune, and of course a Windows Phone 7 device

Preparation:

Make sure you don't have anything running on port 443. Close Skype and Trillian.
Make sure you have a FULL SYNC relationship, NOT just a GUEST
Make sure, your phone ISN'T PIN locked
Certificate install:

Download THIS to your computer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wdenrwhwtgg5dda

Attach ChevronWP7.cer to an email, and send to an account associated with your Windows Phone.
On the phone click on the attachment, and then install.

The process itself:

Ok. So first open up the donwloaded ChevronWP7.exe file. May need to run as an administrator, if you're on Vista or 7.

You should see something like this:( i dunno how to uplaod pics yet)

Make sure you have completed the steps above!!!

Then check the 2 checkboxes, as we already done them.

Ok, now come the tricky part. Cross-fingers, and hit the "Unlock" button.

That's it, if you're lucky you made it My congratulations

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D HOPE THIS HELPS !!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

HalM

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. IMO, custom ring tones are a top 2 or 3 omissions to WP7.

Can you remind us how to unlock our phones so we can take advantage of your app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler