Daily Apps Store Update Schedule Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My phone just showed me 6 mighty updates...maybe because I switched it on at 6am IST..and my bing wallpaper also changed in lockscreen !!

Great! Now, just let the others know what store region you are in so other people in your country facing the same problem will know what to do.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
True. I love WP8 but I have to admit, it's a half-baked OS at its current state. Lots of missing features that should have been there in the first place.

With very little emphasis on implementing them! They can see what is popular from other OS's yet they are in no real rush to fix things. They talk about updates and say lots of things are going on under the hood which is good but PEOPLE WANT FEATURES!!!!!!

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have started getting regular updates in India...i keep getting nokia updates almost every alternate day and my bing wallpaper is also changing..

People in India make sure you have ur net turned on at 6am IST

Apply_Logic

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You get apps update at the exact time you set up your phone. I know because I reset my phone at exactly 8:23 am so every 8:23 am I get update notification everyday.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I hate to break it to you, but there is no schedule to follow. Updates come at various times throughout the day, not on a specific schedule, and not at "the time you set up your phone."

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I hate to break it to you, but there is no schedule to follow. Updates come at various times throughout the day, not on a specific schedule, and not at "the time you set up your phone."

Have you had updates several times throughout the day?

I doubt! I have owned a Lumia for quite a while now and I have never experienced it.

If you were telling the truth, people would have not been complaining about how they do not receive app updates - myself included once I miss the update time or when the time suddenly is changed.

You're so funny.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you had updates several times throughout the day?

I doubt! I have owned a Lumia for quite a while now and I have never experienced it.

If you were telling the truth, people would have not been complaining about how they do not receive app updates - myself included once I miss the update time or when the time suddenly is changed.

You're so funny.

Yes. Been a Windows Phone user for more than two years. Look at my signature - my last five phones have been Windows Phones. I am a Windows Phone developer - look below my avatar. You don't get the "Developer" moniker without proving to WPCentral that you have apps in the store. I have had apps in the published Windows Phone store for more than two years.

I may be funny, but looks aren't everything.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I will say that I always had store update notifications showing when I would wake up at 6 am. This was like clockwork since I got the 920 in November. Starting this month, my notifications are now coming in at around 7 pm. I don't remember when I got them on my Titan II.

I know that I am not getting them later then before. When I would get my 6 am update, I would see the updates almost always before they were posted here on WPCentral. Now with them arriving around 7 pm, WPCentral has already reported them.

My routine has not changed either. The only thing that did change, but could just be a coincidence is that my battery did completly die early this month in the evening. I had to charge from a completly dead battery. After that, is when I started to notice my notifications coming in at 7 pm instead of 6 am.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have the store pinned, you'll see updates as they become available to your phone, which somehow isn't the same for everyone. But it is not uncommon for me at all to get multiple notifications on the live tile throughout the same day. There's no rhyme or reason to it. There is no way of predicting when updates will be available.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it maybe different for different people.

All my updates come all at once daily. I do have my store pinned. I have never once had more than one update round per day. Now...since my update have moved to a latter time slot, if I see there is an update to an app here on WPCentral and I search for it in the store, I will see "Update" even though the store didn't notify me yet. If I do that and manually find an update, I will still get notified of any other updated at my regular time.

Same applies for my wife's 920. She gets one bundled update notification to her live tile daily (if there are any updates). I am not sure of the time that her's arrives though.

I wish I would get updates right when they come out.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What you're looking at is mere chance. I've got more than 200 apps installed, so I frequently get update notifications. Just because an app is updated in the store, doesn't mean that notifications are immediate. They roll. But they are not on a daily schedule as this thread would suggest.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
What you're looking at is mere chance. I've got more than 200 apps installed, so I frequently get update notifications. Just because an app is updated in the store, doesn't mean that notifications are immediate. They roll. But they are not on a daily schedule as this thread would suggest.

It's not chance. That would mean it happens on occasion or once in a while. I am on my phone all day long. I am only giving my experience on WP8 with my Nokia 920 since November 2012. I don't remember how it was on my Titan II. Now I only have 80 or so apps currently installed, but my expereince is that I and my wife only recieve updates once a day. That's it. Nothing more. They all come in at once. I have never once had more then one update come though the same day unless I manually search for it. They almost always come in at the same time too. Now, like I said, this is my experience. I realize your's is different, and I accept that. From my expereince my phone is on a daily schedule of app updates. Weather it is or not, who knows, but so far everthing it has done has shown that it is. Again, this is just my expereince with my phone and my wifes phone.

We both have 920's and are with AT&T.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I never received multiple app updates in one day. It always comes in bundle.

And the time is always the same until it gets moved to another time. This is consistent at least for me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday, three separate times, I received notifications. Your one-off theory is disproven by my one day of experience.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, three separate times, I received notifications. What you're seeing is nothing more than chance.

For the past 7 months I have received app updates once a day. What you are seeing is nothing more than chance.

*Why do you feel the need to argue? We are not lying. This is what is happening to us and many others.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For the past 7 months I have received app updates once a day. What you are seeing is nothing more than chance.

*Why do you feel the need to argue? We are not lying. This is what is happening to us and many others.

I'm not arguing. I'm stating facts. My one day of experience just yesterday disproves your theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb