Data Sense Restart Date Not Available

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I have a quick question for anyone who can help me out. I have an 8x on Verizon and am using DataSense to monitor my data usage. The only problem is my billing date is the 28th of each month, however, DataSense will only let you set your restart date as the 28th as the latest. My data begins anew on the 29th of every month, but DataSense won't allow for that selection when setting it up. In essence, my data calculations have to be off by one day because of this. Does anybody know if there is a way around this to set my DataSense to reset on the 29th instead of the 28th? Thank you.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
What happens with your bill in February? Do they throw it away? :p

I don't think there's any way around it just yet. Maybe you should try to get in touch with whoever made the app.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's Microsoft's app, just seems odd you can pick any day of the month 1-28, but not 29 or 30.

I wish they would throw away my bill in February! :)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not to be rude, but does it really matter? One day is never going to be a critical difference when it comes to data. Also, no matter the situation, this will never cause a problem. Your data sense calculations will always be slightly higher than they actually are for the month. The only thing this do is make you think you have reached your cap when you actually haven't. It's never going to cause you to go past your limit.

So is this really a problem?

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to be rude, but does it really matter? One day is never going to be a critical difference when it comes to data. Also, no matter the situation, this will never cause a problem. Your data sense calculations will always be slightly higher than they actually are for the month. The only thing this do is make you think you have reached your cap when you actually haven't. It's never going to cause you to go past your limit.

So is this really a problem?

You're not being rude, no worries. You're absolutely right that it's not the end of the world that it's off by a day, but still something that should be allowed to be set appropriately. I'm very OCD and it's just odd that this can't be set for the proper billing date.

Chris Combs

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same situation, and I do find it problematic. Look at this scenario:

Toward the end of the month, as I approach my data limit, Data Sense kicks in and starts limiting what my phone does (shuts off some background tasks). This is good, because I don't want to go over my limit. On the 28th, the last day of my plan, Data Sense resets and now it thinks I've used less than 1% of my data plan, so it turns the background tasks back on, and I can definitely go past my limit (as of this writing, I have less than 25mb left).

What is now happening is that on the last day, the day on which I would most like Data Sense to kick in, it's not. And it gets progressively worse for those who have a contract date of the 29th, 30th, or 31st.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h