Default Live Tile updates

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Folks --

Apologies if answered elsewhere, I hadn't found it.

How are updates of built-in live tiles handled? For example, I have my wife pinned to start. I have her latest tweets or FB updates shown on the live tile. However, it's not always current, and I can't figure out how long it goes before updating the live tile information (even if she has more recent updates in the People hub).

Make sense?

Thanks,
Mike

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There is generally some delay but I dont know how long on average. I have my wife and daughter on live tiles and they update but they also come in on the messages tile as well It seems to be faster but it could be me.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Folks --

Apologies if answered elsewhere, I hadn't found it.

How are updates of built-in live tiles handled? For example, I have my wife pinned to start. I have her latest tweets or FB updates shown on the live tile. However, it's not always current, and I can't figure out how long it goes before updating the live tile information (even if she has more recent updates in the People hub).

Make sense?

Thanks,
Mike

im not 100% sure but I think the live tile update is direcly build into the app by the developer when the app is made , no way to change this to my understanding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans