Deleting temporary files

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
to make it clear, after change the year, like 2016 them restart the phone... works like charm.

Under "phone storage" it says I have 7.13 gb of temporary files, however under "storage check" it is saying I have 6.4 gb of office documents (that don't exist, I don't have any office documents on my phone) and 385 mb of temporary storage. I'm assuming the 6.4 gb of office documents is being counted for in the 7.13 gb of temporary files in the "phone storage" app, which also says I have 0 bytes of documents. BTW I have an international 1520 if that matters. So does this work in clearing the temp files under "phone storage" or "storage check"? If it does, do I change the date, clear temporary memory and then restart, or change the date, restart and then clear temporary memory? The 6.5 gb of non-existent office documents or 7.13 gb of temporary files is really wasting a lot of memory that I'm unable to free up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Khang Ngo1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Here's my prob. I had about 1.9gb of temp files as well. Changed the date and such but it remained at 1.8-1.9gb. So I thought, maybe it was those youtube downloaded files that were stored in the youtubeHD app were the cause of this. So I went and deleted them to see if it works, and it did. It took and left me with only about 2.3mb. So I'm guessing for some reason beside from adding more memories into the app itself, the system also creates a bunch of imaged files to those files and put them in the temp folder.

Reason why I say this is because the youtubeHD also went up in memory as well, since the app itself is only 4mb. After downloading all those videos it wen tup to 1.5gb.

Btw, I don't know anything about cache and such so please excuse my ignorance.

Last edited:

Peter Gerald

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I had once phone memory full of temporary files. I did a factory reset of the phone. If you dont want any temorary files. Try downloading the apps to pc and installing them. This reduces temporary files than getting them downloaded from store.

PS: you can factory reset your phone and you will get back your contacts and sms intact from backup with your full phone memory released. it will start dowmloading apps you had initially. you can cancel the download from store after switching off wifi.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
i found 295 mb of temp files in my lumia 1520 .gave the delete choice. it took so much time but when i took the phone again it was reduced to 45 mb.guess its a background task which will take a while

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria