Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

kdaniel91

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hy, First time to post here. Ever since i updated to the dev preview 8.1 for my Lumia 1020, Sometimes I unlock the phone and the lock screen doesn?t really unlock the phone, any further interaction with the screen brings the lock screen back down. When i use the solution "Lock and unlock the screen again" dosen't work (only works restart). And the second problem the Alarms don't work, i use again the solution "Remove Windows Phone 8 alarms" , but it works only one day then i have to do the previous step again. Has somebody the same problem? Has anyone another solution?

TwinsPhysicist

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded to 8.1 Developers Preview two days ago, noticed a bug last night involving my text messages and e-mails.

In the evening I realized that when I would enter one of my email apps, the screen would freeze up. Couldn't scroll through the list or click on e-mail, couldn't even hit the start key to exit. Thankfully, simply hitting the screen off button and then re-awkening the phone got me back to the start screen. I powered off my phone and powered back on. When the phone came back on it, I discovered that not only had it not synced my email for many hours but that none of the text messages I had sent for the entire day had gone through! All of these texts appeared with the "Can't send message Try again" error after reboot. They did not have this tag earlier in the day when I thought I had sent them.

Phone is working fine now, but just informing the community of the bug I had.

Phone: Lumia 928

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
What can i do to get album and artist art? I tried syncing songs from itunes in m4a and mp3 format and on my PC both have album art while on Music app it don't.

EDIT: MPAtool doesn't work anymore :(

kikoeightone

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Notifications in the Facebook is unable to load. Using other apps like JDB Facebook and Booklet notifications can be seen. But the official Facebook app is unable to show the notifications.

Think I'll have to get a third party app or do without. App itself wont open. Trap the tile and nothing happens. Reinstalled it and still wont open, tried to open from accounts menu in settings still didn't work.

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
problem video app
video app not working closes immediately after open....
I tried hard rest and it worked fine a day or two and the same problem when I open it, app getting closed immediately :(
don't want to go for another HARD REST

please somebody help

Shimpuu

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I noticed a bug, too. The problem is, that the audio profile randomly switch from "ring + notification" to "headset" although no headset pluged in. When this issue occurs, no Music play over BT/Speakers and no callings possible. Softreset for 10 Minutes will it resolve. Have anyone the same issue observed?

Octonabz

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Internet Explorer does not load most sites when using mobile data, but loads when on Wi-Fi.
A hard reset has not resolved the issue.
I get "We can't display this page right now.

The website you're trying to reach may be experiencing technical difficulties. Try again later.

Error: Cannot find server or DNS error "

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Internet Explorer does not load most sites when using mobile data, but loads when on Wi-Fi.
A hard reset has not resolved the issue.
I get "We can't display this page right now.

The website you're trying to reach may be experiencing technical difficulties. Try again later.

Error: Cannot find server or DNS error "
I have the same problem. It's almost impossible to load page on mobile data.. WiFi no problem.

sakariye ali

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Can someone help me.
I get this message when I go to the games hub.
'app update available'
But when you tap 'get it now'
It goes to the store and says that the item is not available.
What is it?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Am facing a new problem, moved my here maps to SD card, again moved it back to my phone memory, phone hanged and was restarted by reinserting the battery, now here maps does not show in all apps list, the tile is greyed out, Cortana hangs up the phone when I search for here maps with it.. Now if I go to the store to re download the app, the store shows here maps as installed, so now i have here maps on my phone that i cannot delete or access, nor i can reinstall or move it... Seriously nokia apps don't support WP8.1 features..

"A preview update only includes the Microsoft portion of the update; mobile operator and OEM driver updates will be available when the official update for your phone is available." From the terms at App Studio

Juan Manuel Bermejo

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hi, my 920 has became stuck in headphones mode days after updating to wp 8.1 (for some days after the update it worked perfectly). That means I only can call or listen calls via the speakers, (or with a headset plugged in) which is obviously a problem specially for a phone i use for work. Other than this the phone follows the headphones plugged in logic (no music via speakers, no other volume sliders and alerts still coming from the speakerphones). Anyone else with this problem? any solutions? Thank you.

TonyOK

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
In about a lot of investigation. i just Fixed most of bugs i had in Windows Phone 8.1. It's not so simple but it worth. You need to Flash your phone it means changing the Rom (Win 8.0) (If you are Non Us , make Holand or Spain etc countries)(Just Starting from 1st time after Flashed the phone) and then make the Dev Update. It will be fixed alot of bugs and the battery aint getting hot. Ill make a Post about how you can make your phone be detected by your pc. Just needs some drivers. I'll post later , it might help a lot. I HAVE LUMIA 620 and i'am non- US and i have Cortana with App Center and works great with no lags and no bugs at all. My battery its just like old time, it doesn't die in 4hours with out using it.

drlacus

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Today morning I had 300 megabytes left when I checked data sense, but now I only have 130. It seems that the podcast app used most of it even when downloading new episodes is only enabled through Wi-Fi. Has anybody experienced the same?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire