Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Daigor

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I would like to report 3 bugs I noticed with 8.1 update regarding Bluetooth, Nokia Mix Radio and Volume mute.

The first bug I would like to report is the Bluetooth connectivity on my Nokia 1520 with AT&T. Before 8.1 whenever I connect to my car via Bluetooth I am able to listen to my music as well as get point by point navigation through Here Maps. It appears that the Bluetooth is always connected. Ex would be...Music is playing, then Here Maps says "Left turn..." music resumes.

After 8.1 update the Bluetooth appears that it is not "always connected." Meaning it only connects to my car when it announces a turn. Then disconnects. It usually makes an annoying beep which signifies that Bluetooth is disconnected. What's worst now is that I cannot listen to music at the same time I have Here maps Navigation on. Ex now...Music is playing...Here Maps says "Left turn..." Bluetooth disconnects and music stops. Now that the Bluetooth is disconnected when it comes time to announce a crucial Exit what you would here is..."in 100yds." instead of "Take Exit 10 in 100yds."

I would like to warn the community if Here Maps Navigation via Bluetooth in your car is what you depend on most on your commute, you might want to consider waiting until they have this fixed.

The second bug has to do with Nokia Mix Radio. When I open up the app I see 5 duplicates of each of the songs I have stored on my Memory Card.

The last bug has to do with the sound settings and vibrate. If you phone is on vibrate and is plugged into a Headset via plug or Bluetooth, if you receive a Text Message the sound will play through your phone speakers even when your phone is on Vibrate. It appears that there is no way to mute the Text Message sound when you are connected through plug or via Bluetooth.

I usually can put up with minor bugs but I feel these 3 bugs I have listed are very major. I hope the final release build of 8.1 addresses these issues and resolves them quickly. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920. Using keyboard (typing) will some time force the phone to restart. This happen from yesterday, which is about 11 days after updated to 8.1.
First time happen when I typing in wechat and I thought happen due to buggy app. Now it happen with facebook too so I believe it got to do with the OS itself.

Jinx Jack

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is facing this problem, but on My Nokia 920. Whenever I plugin a charger the screen gets stuck, not completely that is, you can open applications and stuff. But you can't lock the screen with the lock button, and if you let it time out you can't unlock it unless you pull the charger out. The charging also takes time to start(sometime just doesn't start), but when it starts you can lock the screen and unlock it.

Any ideas whats going on?

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing some weird bug with video playback (streaming & stored videos) when ever I fast forward (or rewind) the video, it makes annoying sounds (like an old CD player - tik...tok...tuk....)
this isn't happens when headphones plugged.
Anyone else facing same issue??

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing some weird bug with video playback (streaming & stored videos) when ever I fast forward (or rewind) the video, it makes annoying sounds (like an old CD player - tik...tok...tuk....)
this isn't happens when headphones plugged.
Anyone else facing same issue??
Yup I am also facing the same issue!

P V

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Home screen on Lumia 720 unstable - keeps launching apps on its own.

Hi,

After upgrading my lumia 720 to WP 8.1, i am facing a weird problem where my home screen keep launching apps from home screen randomly... sometimes after launching an app (or multiple apps) it does right swipe/left swipe and many times keeps shivering as if unable to decide whether to go for left swipe or right swipe.. and then becomes unresponsive.

pressing the power button off/on resolves the problem of unresponsiveness but then the shivering of home screen/random launching of apps starts again... it seems like it is pressing the home screen tiles on its own.

I have done soft reset of my phone numerous times and hard-reset 4-5 times but still facing this problem.

Any help/pointers in this regards would be very much appreciated!

Thank you.

drlacus

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
There is also a decent noise present when a track ends in xbox music or nokia mixradio before skipping to the next song. It seems that it is much louder than it shloud be like it does not respect the volume settings.

Lumia920amber

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an problem with the unresponsive power button. I have tried even the hard reset and anything doesn't help. What should I do? The problem is driving me nuts!!!!!

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Home screen on Lumia 720 unstable - keeps launching apps on its own.

Hi,

After upgrading my lumia 720 to WP 8.1, i am facing a weird problem where my home screen keep launching apps from home screen randomly... sometimes after launching an app (or multiple apps) it does right swipe/left swipe and many times keeps shivering as if unable to decide whether to go for left swipe or right swipe.. and then becomes unresponsive.

pressing the power button off/on resolves the problem of unresponsiveness but then the shivering of home screen/random launching of apps starts again... it seems like it is pressing the home screen tiles on its own.

I have done soft reset of my phone numerous times and hard-reset 4-5 times but still facing this problem.

Any help/pointers in this regards would be very much appreciated!

Thank you.

My phone also sometimes randomly launches apps (HTC 8S), especially when I unlock the screen.

Tech07

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I want to +1 the problem with IE11 Desktop mode not always working. I just tried accessing a page that I've been using to edit a document for the last year. It will not show the page to me in Desktop mode no matter what I do. It insists on showing it to me in mobile mode. The page is worthless to me in mobile mode. First major functionality problem I've come across on 8.1 where I'm worse off than before.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an problem with the unresponsive power button. I have tried even the hard reset and anything doesn't help. What should I do? The problem is driving me nuts!!!!!

nothing youth can do. It's there and yes its annoying. Mine has seemed worse lately. And I have app force closing randomly too

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254