Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

WinU

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Week 2. Finally a few issues.

So the first week with 8.1 on my L920 was pretty amazing and really overall it still is. However I am running into a few problems that I wanted to see if everyone was running into. Could I have searched the threads yeah probably but I wanted to put them into one.

First: My phone has done 2 random restarts. The last I was typing a text and boom it just shut off and restarted.

Second: When this happened my battery went from 100% to 19%. Hmm? I know there are battery issues but for the first week mine was great. I have all background tasks turned off for the most part, I have wifi sense off etc. Just shut down Cortana for the time being as well. See what that does.

Third: Anyone notice the very low volume on speaker phone? Even with it turned up the whole way I could barely hear the person on the other end.

Hopefully an update with fix all these issues!!

Overall I am happy with 8.1! I really hope it continues to improve though!

Thanks
WinU

hokto

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Expriences with Ativ S

- The camera app does not respect "flash-off" setting in landscape mode, it only works in portrait mode.
- The camera app is crash prone. Sometimes it crashes upon launch, or when it does lauch, it doesn't show anything from the camera's image sensor.

- If you select a file from OneDrive via filerpicker when the thumbnails are still loading, the app will crash.
- Selecting backround image in theme setting works 3-4 times a row, then it stops updating the tiles with the chosen image. You have to press "remove image" and then choose the picture for it to work again.

- Performance downgrade: Panning maps is has now become juddery. Pressing the windows button sometimes takes up to 2 secs to register.

Aiman Hijaz

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
hey my alarm dosent work at all ?!! I had done a hard rest and prior to that a soft reset but nothing what should I do ?! I don't have any 3rd party apps for alarm cortana can make alarms but the wont sound at all the time will pass and my phone dose nothing any help please

Francisc Cristian

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
In the language settings, is English (US) the first one in the list? If not, long press English (US) and tap move up. Cortana will work even if English (UK) is still there as long as English (US) is the first one. It worked for me in my HTC 8x.

not working, English uk is the main phone language even if the us version is the first one on the list...can u post a screenshot of your language settings ?

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
All of the sudden I can't send media messages now, and when I turn my phone off and then back on, quiet hours is always on even when it is turned off before turning off phone

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
For me it just shows black screen and quits when using hardware button and when using tile, it just plays start screen animation. My friends are experiencing same problem on ativ s.

j-bone6_7

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have issues when searching for emails? I have an Exchange 2010 account on my Lumia 928. Whenever I search inside the email app for an e-mail, it takes a good 2 minutes for anything to populate. It's almost like it hangs for 2 minutes, and then boom! Populates everything. The weird thing is, when I search using cortana, the results come up in about 10-20 seconds. Had no issues with it in 8.0. I've removed and re-added the account, but to no avail. Anyone else run in to this? Any suggestions?

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I have noticed that when reframing a picture and zooming in in Nokia Camera on my 1020 that it will save the reframed/zoomed image fine in my pictures folder but when I view that picture in Onedrive afterward that it has uploaded the original and just a copy of the original...no reframe or zooming on it...so effectively ignoring the reframed image on the phone for upload purposes..since Onedrive is now integrated into 8.1 you cannot uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes it. This happened yesterday. Today I did to a "soft reset" and it appears to have fixed it. Not sure if this was a temporary issue or if it will be a recurring one but if anyone has replicated it and/or can confirm it is a known bug I would appreciate it.

furboll929

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I'm sure this has been mentioned by someone else, but I?ve had to hard reset my Lumina 925 five times since installing Windows phone 8.1. And there isn?t anything in particular that?s causing it. I just happened to look at the phone to check the time and realized it wasn?t on. 2 other times it was on when I went to charge it and then it just went black. None of the buttons are working or anything. I think I?m going to roll it back. I understand that it?s a Beta, but of the list of possible bugs, this one can?t be one of them.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I'm sure this has been mentioned by someone else, but I?ve had to hard reset my Lumina 925 five times since installing Windows phone 8.1. And there isn?t anything in particular that?s causing it. I just happened to look at the phone to check the time and realized it wasn?t on. 2 other times it was on when I went to charge it and then it just went black. None of the buttons are working or anything. I think I?m going to roll it back. I understand that it?s a Beta, but of the list of possible bugs, this one can?t be one of them.

Except it isn't a Beta, it's the final feature locked build that went RTM before we got it, my guess is that the Lumia Cyan firmware will solve those issues you're having but at this point in time you might be best rolling back to GDR3.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I have noticed that when reframing a picture and zooming in in Nokia Camera on my 1020 that it will save the reframed/zoomed image fine in my pictures folder but when I view that picture in Onedrive afterward that it has uploaded the original and just a copy of the original...no reframe or zooming on it...so effectively ignoring the reframed image on the phone for upload purposes..since Onedrive is now integrated into 8.1 you cannot uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes it. This happened yesterday. Today I did to a "soft reset" and it appears to have fixed it. Not sure if this was a temporary issue or if it will be a recurring one but if anyone has replicated it and/or can confirm it is a known bug I would appreciate it.

Some prob. for me it seems, wow, how lame... >.>

Dev Jaykrishnan

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't know if it's just me, so please help me out here if that isn't the case.

Nokia Mix-Radio has mixed up all my Music Album Art. When I first rebooted the phone, it said it detected errors in my SD card and asked if I wanted to repair it. On clicking Yes, the phone began showing 'Scanning' on the top end of the screen and the apps were marked "unavailable". After a while scanning stopped and the apps began working but when I opened Mix-Radio, I noticed that my album art was all jumbled. Now I don't know if it's the phones problem or just Mix-Radio. I have tried putting the songs again on to the SD card once again from my PC but no changes to the glitch.

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have a Lumia 720, I'm from Argentina. I noticed a few issues with WP 8.1 I already do the hard reset and still having the same problems.
1- Can't access advanced settings in IE 11.
2- Can't use reading view, page goes blank.
3- Can't buy apps through my mobile company.

So far those are the problems I was having. If some had some advice it would be very appreciated. Thanks

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Looked around the forum, haven't seen this yet:

Using Pandora, I get this message every time I open the app, or even change stations:

A problem occurred the last time you ran the app. Please help us fix it by emailing us the details

Also, if the phone times out and locks, I can't get back into the app. I can skip and pause songs from the lockscreen, but I can't get back into the app until I shut it down and restart it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2pretty4tv