Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Those who are having problem regarding battery issue and phone gets hot at the right corner....i guess I have found a solution for the battery drain problem. Just few steps.
First, you will need to go back to windows phone 8.0 using NSU. After getting back to 8.0 just update your phone to newer version but don't install anything on phone until you get to 8.1 (install preview for developers to get onto WP 8.1) start everything new. Don't restore your backup! Just start new! And there you go! Battery drain won't happen. I'm using Lumia 925, my battery was draining per minute 1% on 2g network. Means battery used to last only 3 hours. Now its not getting drained after I did this all...in battery saver it shows me 1 day 4 hours remaining and its 71%. And phone is not getting hot now!
Hope this help you folks ! Worked for me! :)

Boris Alexandrov

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Couldn't find in the list an issue I'm experiencing on my L720. Occasionally (once in two-three days) I can't make calls. It just says something like "Calls are not available at the moment, please try again later".

The fix I use is turning on, and then off, the airplane mode.

Hope this helps.

Guy Greenwood

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Sound only coming out of one side of earphones.

When I first got my Lumia 925 I had an issue where after listening to music then pausing it for a period of time, the music would only come out of one side of the headphones when music was unpaused.
I sent the phone to Nokia who confirmed it was fine then I got some official Nokia headphones and the problem disappeared.
After getting the WP8.1 developer preview, the problem is back regardless of which headphones I use.
I have to power off and on to get sound out of both ears again.

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Samsung ATIV SE:

Cannot play mp3's from the SD card. Podcasts, XBM app, neither works. Soft reset, force a scan of the card.

Screen periodically loses touch capability. Pop the battery or soft reset.

Activation of camera or LED for flashlight reboots the phone. No fix.

Last edited:

xArgieboy

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
"Bug: Cant access the advanced settings in IE, it crashes." I soft, hard reseted it and even used Nokia Recovery tool to get it to 8.0 again, updated to WP 8.1 again and still the same bug. Also can't use "reader mode". I press the icon whenever i'm seeing a page and just go full blank but doesn't show anything. Lumia 720.

luke_grech1

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Today, after doing the second update I got to windows phone 8.1. But then another notification update popped up. Thats weird. As far as I know, only two updates were required. How come did I receive the third one? o.o Anyone got a clue what it might be?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody had the battery icon still show that it is charging after being taken off of charge?
My Ativ S i8750 has on several occasions had this issue. A simple reboot has resolved the issue, however I'm interested if anybody else has had this issue.
With my icon I occasionally get a several second delay where it shows its still charging. Happens rarely and does not require any rebooting.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
With my icon I occasionally get a several second delay where it shows its still charging. Happens rarely and does not require any rebooting.

It would not bother me if it was the same as you, however I normally notice it once I get to work which is 1-2 hrs after taking it off charge

Fernando Lins

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I get a notification from Whatsapp that plays a sound, the headphone output will only play on one side from that moment on. I have to reboot the phone for the sound to get back to both sides. This has been happening since 7.5, and only with Whatsapp.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Phone wouldn't turn off

Just felt I should drop by and mention the absolutely horrible bug I ran into today. I was taking an AP test this morning and had to turn off my phone just to be safe, and all of the sudden my background wallpaper completely disappeared and when I tried to turn off the phone, the screen turned completely white. I slid down on said white screen and got the "Goodbye" message but nothing happened. Of course I give up and hand my phone over but I'm just glad it didn't go off.

Probably one of the worst WP bugs I've experienced before, but it is a dev preview after all...

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced a bug in my Lumia 820. It happens once in a while that the phone freezes and doesn't responds. It looks like it is switched off but doesn't comes to life even if try to switch it on. Unless a soft or hard reset is performed, the phone doesn't respond. Until then nothing works, not even the alarm, and I'm late for meeting ... 😒

Sent from my Nokia-Lumia-820 using Tapatalk

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced a bug in my Lumia 820. It happens once in a while that the phone freezes and doesn't responds. It looks like it is switched off but doesn't comes to life even if try to switch it on. Unless a soft or hard reset is performed, the phone doesn't respond. Until then nothing works, not even the alarm, and I'm late for meeting ... ��

Sent from my Nokia-Lumia-820 using Tapatalk
its really aweful. everytime a soft or hard reset!
i would be fed up.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
When I install big games (100 MB and above) onto the SD card, it gives me error at the end of the download just before installing. Then I do a soft reset and try once more and it works. Had this problem with Angry Birds Go ! and Kingdoms & Lords so far.

scourgev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sound only coming out of one side of earphones.

When I first got my Lumia 925 I had an issue where after listening to music then pausing it for a period of time, the music would only come out of one side of the headphones when music was unpaused.
I sent the phone to Nokia who confirmed it was fine then I got some official Nokia headphones and the problem disappeared.
After getting the WP8.1 developer preview, the problem is back regardless of which headphones I use.
I have to power off and on to get sound out of both ears again.

I have this exact same problem. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS