Did Denim update improve battery life on your 930?

Stephen Lynam

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I think my battery is lasting a lot longer since installing denim... I usually get a day and a bit out of it but since I put denim on it im getting nearer 2 days, and ive been playing with the new camera features etc?
Anyone else notice this?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I also think it has gotten a longer lifetime. I'm still doing some research, and it might also be the new "celluar data" on/off thing i'm using now with LTE, but so far it seems good since i now also use hey cortana, new camera features and stuff... But still, the battery life time improved from my average 1 day 3 hours to 1 day 6-10 hours. Looking good

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It seems better but I haven't plotted it or anything. I use charging plates to keep mine topped up - like 2-3 short charges a day as this puts less stress on the battery I believe (heat is a slow killer). I rarely let mine fall below 50%. Standby drain I find is pretty awesome usually only 2-3% overnight.

Wheels_____

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The Denim update has made my 930 battery life terrible. It's funny. I could not be happier with this phone. After the update my phone gets very hot to the touch and the battery lasts about 2 hours while the phone just sits there.
I've seen some posts about removing Cortana from the start screen.
Maybe I should do a reset?

Any suggestions?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Denim update has made my 930 battery life terrible. It's funny. I could not be happier with this phone. After the update my phone gets very hot to the touch and the battery lasts about 2 hours while the phone just sits there.

Any suggestions?

If you've done most everything else, hard reset, something went wrong obviously.
Removing Cortana is worth a try, but all else fails...

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Any suggestions?

This is my second time with the 930. The first time battery life was TERRIBLE. This was before Denim. I just got my 930 yesterday! I couldn't be happier. It went from 8PM yesterday until today 12PM from 48% until 10%. Then I unplugged it at around 2, and now it's nearing midnight and I'm sitting pretty at 63%. I have to say, I'm pleasantly satisfied with the battery. Of course, I'm going to need to charge it up and down a few times to fully wake up the battery! But if things stay as they are now, I'll get MORE than a day of use! Yay! And I'm still in the honeymoon phase, always playing with it.

Anyways, what I did was update EVERYTHING right out of the box, and then did a hard reset. The whole, unplug, volume down and power on thing... And then the volume + power combo that you can easily find on the internet, and I reset it completely. Ran through setup again, and that's how I've been using it today. But to be honest, the first 10-15% drops REALLY quickly, and then it sticks to a very constant drop throughout the rest of the day.... I'd give a reset a chance...

Wheels_____

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Battery issues solved!!! Apparently when I did the update, Denim turned a host of things I had turned off after I customized my 930 for use. I did pull the Cortana tile off of my start screen. I ran the battery down to zero% and put it on the wall charger until the trickle charge was finished. I started it up....No Heat issues...the Charge went the whole day, ( moderate use, heavy texting, web surfing, streaming radio and music ) without plugging it in. I'm very happy this worked.
The Battery issues have been fixed with the update. Look for answers here at Windows Central. I appreciate the great information that's here.

The 930 has been a terrific phone and I still can't get over how great the camera is.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear! Hehe. It is a fantastic phone. I haven't had too much time to play with the camera. This weekend I will😋 enjoy it.

sent from my Nokia Lumia 930

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I did a complete flash on mine to change country variant. Since Denim the battery is holding up a LOT better. I turn off 4G (only 3G), mostly WIFI, no BT, no location services (which implies no Cortana).

I mainly use the phone for emails and whatsapp/messenger. No games. I did notice a LOT less heating. On one charge I can get 2-3 days. At night with flight mode on the decharge is only 1-2% which is "BlackBerry" level :).

I'm very happy.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've never really thought about my 930 battery life. I just use it and charge it whenever and never found myself annoyed about battery life. When it was short, I knew I was using data a lot and expected it. I've had my 930 since July 2014.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077