Did I buy a performance base or ot?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I regrettably just bought a surface book but now am questioning if I even got the performance base I assumed I was getting. I bought the i7 512GB 16GB / dGPU for about $3500 AUD but the keyboard looks the same as the old model, no recessed keys. Nor can I find any dGPU info in the computer using dxdiag, only Intel HD520.

Overall I'm unimpressed with the book, trackpad is sticky and awful in humid weather, inability to double click the scrollbar to move it etc. makes the SP3 feel like a dream. I'll likely be returning it but would like to know about the dGPU, Microsoft support seemed to have no idea.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) under device manager and under display adapters.

windows key +x -> device manager-> display adapters.

2) In the system tray, there should be a Nvidia Icon from which you can access the GPU properties.

3) This one is pretty self explanatory, the box should indicate what model you got (on the bottom of the box)

If you want to know extremely detailed PC / Laptop information download aida64 extreme from aida64.com, look under display in the "computer summary".

Aida 64 Extreme Screen.PNG

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa