Did I make a mistake purchasing a locked at&t device? - Where can I get the unlock code

88speed

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
MikesChevelle, sorry about the duplicate PM request.
Also can someone please PM me with itzik's method. Thanks for the great info guys!

miss_sephiroth

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input, Ukyo :( I made the huge mistake of trusting their representatives (I asked several, both in store and on the phone!). It will NEVER happen again. I am Portuguese and we get our phones unlocked 99% of the times; when we don't, unlocking is always straight forward.

My last phone was also a Lumia, but from T-mobile, and they were able to unlock it right away... I trusted it would be the same with AT&T. Never again!

miss_sephiroth

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone send me izik770's method? That or any other method that worked for you - I have tired almost everything!! :(

I have now received a reply back from their unlocking site that it is telling me that the phone has to be on AT&T for 6 months. BS!

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email back from ATT and they are saying the IMEI isnt even in their system, bunch of thieving liers

i got the same reply from them as it never used att network,,but later i asked them it got to be somewhere in your inventry,,next mail from att was they got it from nokia (unlock code)

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok people, there is no secret technique. Your only chance is to bombard ATT Corp with emails, get on their FB page and try and submit a request with a valid ATT account.

Thats it

miss_sephiroth

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I second Mikes' post. I just got my code. The trick for me was to not back down. One of their corporate reps told me flat out they wouldn't give me the code and I told her that that was fine, they would just have to deal with all the extra claims I would file with the BBB and the FCC and me spreading the word about their practices on FB... Good luck everyone!!

88speed

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Today I spent 98 minutes on the phone with AT&T. Each manager told me there is nothing they can do. Three supervisors later I got a case number and a promise they will contact me in 72 hours. For a non customer this is a good start, I guess...

Paul Pinto

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone!! I just had a lumia 1020 blocked with ATT could anyone help me to get it unlock?? i just couldn?t do it directly with ATT... i?m sure that you can help me! thanks to all, i?m crazy for using my big monster :D

simon1765

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi. My son purchased a locked 920 on AT&T with his birthday money. Have tried everything to sort it out for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He's only thirteen and now has a phone he can't use and no birthday present:unhappy:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi. My son purchased a locked 920 on AT&T with his birthday money. Have tried everything to sort it out for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He's only thirteen and now has a phone he can't use and no birthday present:unhappy:

If it is secondhand, get the original owner to unlock it or you're out of luck.
Easiest is to sell or return the 920 and get something unlocked from the get go

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I believe there's plenty of unlocking sites u can try. Just make sure u pay via a method u can get a refund if they cannot unlock such as safeunlockcode.com. it's under $30, I just checked.

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
they keep telling me its not in there inventory and that Nokia has the code and that they never lock there phones -_-

and this comes from the office of the president -_-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria