Did Verizon pull the Nokia Lumia 822?

jridgers

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I just was on the Verizon Wireless website looking at their Windows Phone devices and noticed the Nokia Lumia 822 is not appearing any longer (not grayed put as sold out, just gone). Is Verizon dropping this device?

garciaj85

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Its considered EOL(end of life) by Verizon. So yes, it is being dropped. Its still available in some stores. They still offer the Lumia 928 and should be releasing a new windows phone soon.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
GDR3 is coming to all Verizon Windows Phones - and probably much sooner than you think. I'd guess it'll be rolled out completely by mid-November, if not sooner.

Verizon is getting the 929, a 5"ish version of the 1520 with microSD expansion, 20MP camera, quadcore Snapdragon, and 1080p screen. I believe the 928 will remain and the 525 will be launched as Verizon's version of the 520 series. That one will be an inexpensive phone on or off contract at $150 or less. Difference between it and the 520 and 521 is that it is CDMA and it has a LTE radio, from what I hear.

Also hearing the ATIV S Neo may not only be expanding to AT&T, but may also be coming to Verizon. Hearing the same for the HTC 8XT. Believe VZW may pull the HTC 8X in favor of the 8XT (they love the expandability of the 8XT), will keep the ATIV Odyssey (it has actually sold well), and will expand it's Nokia lineup to three phones.

It's not Gospel yet, but I'm hearing that the Windows Phone lineup for Verizon going into Christmas season will be:

Samsung ATIV S Neo (Think it will be $99 on contract)
Samsung ATIV Odyssey (free on contract)
HTC 8XT (with leftovers of the 8X out there too until inventory is gone - probably around $50 on contract, but might be $99)
Nokia Lumia 525 (Imagine the 520/21 with LTE and CDMA as an unlocked global phone for $150 or less)
Nokia Lumia 928 (expect it to stay at $100 or lower with 2 year contract).
Nokia Lumia 929 (think it will be $199 with two year contract).

Expect a 1080p version of the 1020 with other enhancements around Easter time. That phone actually might be a 1020 with a 5.5" to 6" display, 1080p, and microSD.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
GDR3 is coming to all Verizon Windows Phones - and probably much sooner than you think. I'd guess it'll be rolled out completely by mid-November, if not sooner.

Verizon is getting the 929, a 5"ish version of the 1520 with microSD expansion, 20MP camera, quadcore Snapdragon, and 1080p screen. I believe the 928 will remain and the 525 will be launched as Verizon's version of the 520 series. That one will be an inexpensive phone on or off contract at $150 or less. Difference between it and the 520 and 521 is that it is CDMA and it has a LTE radio, from what I hear.

Also hearing the ATIV S Neo may not only be expanding to AT&T, but may also be coming to Verizon. Hearing the same for the HTC 8XT. Believe VZW may pull the HTC 8X in favor of the 8XT (they love the expandability of the 8XT), will keep the ATIV Odyssey (it has actually sold well), and will expand it's Nokia lineup to three phones.

It's not Gospel yet, but I'm hearing that the Windows Phone lineup for Verizon going into Christmas season will be:

Samsung ATIV S Neo (Think it will be $99 on contract)
Samsung ATIV Odyssey (free on contract)
HTC 8XT (with leftovers of the 8X out there too until inventory is gone - probably around $50 on contract, but might be $99)
Nokia Lumia 525 (Imagine the 520/21 with LTE and CDMA as an unlocked global phone for $150 or less)
Nokia Lumia 928 (expect it to stay at $100 or lower with 2 year contract).
Nokia Lumia 929 (think it will be $199 with two year contract).

Expect a 1080p version of the 1020 with other enhancements around Easter time. That phone actually might be a 1020 with a 5.5" to 6" display, 1080p, and microSD.

wow a lot of WPs for Verizon if this is true :). Wonder how Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile's WP lineup will compare

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
wow a lot of WPs for Verizon if this is true :). Wonder how Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile's WP lineup will compare

Well, I know AT&T is releasing the ATIV S Neo at the beginning of November to go with the 8X, the 925, the 1020, the 1520, and the 520 - not sure if the 920 will stay around or not. But the ATIV S Neo and the 1520 could give AT&T seven Windows Phone options.

T-Mobile has the 925 and 521. The 8X is gone there. I wonder if HTC is going to roll out the 8XT to everyone. Might make some sense. Low cost phone that is expandable.

I'd have to think Sprint would like to get a Nokia or two. I know that the sales of the 520 series have caused all the carriers to take notice and want one to push people into smartphones.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I know AT&T is releasing the ATIV S Neo at the beginning of November to go with the 8X, the 925, the 1020, the 1520, and the 520 - not sure if the 920 will stay around or not. But the ATIV S Neo and the 1520 could give AT&T seven Windows Phone options.

T-Mobile has the 925 and 521. The 8X is gone there. I wonder if HTC is going to roll out the 8XT to everyone. Might make some sense. Low cost phone that is expandable.

I'd have to think Sprint would like to get a Nokia or two. I know that the sales of the 520 series have caused all the carriers to take notice and want one to push people into smartphones.

Not that I am calling you a liar, do you have any sources?

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

Not for anyone outside of Verizon. Those are guesses. I have a source in VZW corporate sales. There always needs to be a disclaimer that phone plans are often in flux.

That said, the 929 is pretty much set in stone. I have heard less on the 525,but I'd guess that's it's almost a certainty.

The one I'm least sure of is the 8XT. I could see VZW dropping HTC for WP entirely because of 8X sales. The ATIV Odyssey has done well, so they've wanted a higher end Samsung for awhile.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not for anyone outside of Verizon. Those are guesses. I have a source in VZW corporate sales. There always needs to be a disclaimer that phone plans are often in flux.

That said, the 929 is pretty much set in stone. I have heard less on the 525,but I'd guess that's it's almost a certainty.

The one I'm least sure of is the 8XT. I could see VZW dropping HTC for WP entirely because of 8X sales. The ATIV Odyssey has done well, so they've wanted a higher end Samsung for awhile.

I am shocked the odyssey did well tbh

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe it outsold the 8X on Verizon. The 822 was their top seller, with the 928 doing pretty well since launch.

The size of the Odyssey is what people like about it - on the smaller end of smartphone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Mac has not failed us yet..... He has an excellent reputation on the boards here for being a good source. He was our lifeline last year when we were waiting for WP8 devices, and early this year when the 928 was not yet out. I haven't heard from him in a while, but that has not diminished my faith in him. :wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Man, I was so hoping for this to be a lot sooner than Easter. Figured it wouldn't make Christmas because of ATT not getting it until July was it? But Had hoped for close to the start of the year. Oh, well... At least I have the 928 goodness until then!

I would prefer that it stay the 4.5" size, though..... And keeping the same form factor as the 1020 would be great, so we could use all of those accessories. It was a real drag when the 928 came out and all of those 920 cases that looked so great would not fit the 928. We had to hound companies to make accessories, and that took months - and that's for the ones who said yes. There are still many who say no.

This exclusivity thing really has to go.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Man, I was so hoping for this to be a lot sooner than Easter. Figured it wouldn't make Christmas because of ATT not getting it until July was it? But Had hoped for close to the start of the year. Oh, well... At least I have the 928 goodness until then!

I would prefer that it stay the 4.5" size, though..... And keeping the same form factor as the 1020 would be great, so we could use all of those accessories. It was a real drag when the 928 came out and all of those 920 cases that looked so great would not fit the 928. We had to hound companies to make accessories, and that took months - and that's for the ones who said yes. There are still many who say no.

This exclusivity thing really has to go.

Eexclusivity will only stop when the sales really take off. Unless you're a volume leader, exclusives happen. LG often has different Android phones on each carrier. So does Samsung outside the Galaxy line. Apple is the exception, with their one line.

Part of this is due to Verizon and AT&T using different technologies. Part is to get a carrier to help carry the cost of pushing the phone. Why should AT&T spend money promoting the 1020 if people could get it on Verizon. Works for iPhone and Galaxy, but not much else.

CX1

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed the 822 removed from the Verizon. Need an exchange but think if I wait maybe I'll get a 9xx as replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel