Did you Pre Order a Surface Laptop 2?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did!

Ordered the black (of course) i7, 8GB, 256 version. Would have really preferred the 16gb version with a 128gb or 256gb ssd but that option is not available :(

I presently have a Surface Pro 4, i5 8GB 512 SSD and I'm stocked for the laptop. My needs have changed since the purchase of the Surface Pro 4 and tablet mode is not for me anymore. I need a laptop.

Lack of USB type C is not an issue for me as i only have one USB C device; my OnePlus 6. This will always be charging via it proprietary charger ( dash charge baby!). My monitor will use the mini display port and my 2TB External HDD is USB A.

I really don't see the big deal in USB C and for the average consumer, they won't care either.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
The new line of Surface laptops and pros, seem marginally improved, however, the i7 upgrades, without Iris Pro graphics, seem like a retrograde step. If I were to get an i7 model, I would opt for the previous versions rather than the new ones, save a bit of cash too.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I did!

Ordered the black (of course) i7, 8GB, 256 version. Would have really preferred the 16gb version with a 128gb or 256gb ssd but that option is not available :(

I presently have a Surface Pro 4, i5 8GB 512 SSD and I'm stocked for the laptop. My needs have changed since the purchase of the Surface Pro 4 and tablet mode is not for me anymore. I need a laptop.

Lack of USB type C is not an issue for me as i only have one USB C device; my OnePlus 6. This will always be charging via it proprietary charger ( dash charge baby!). My monitor will use the mini display port and my 2TB External HDD is USB A.

I really don't see the big deal in USB C and for the average consumer, they won't care either.

Thinking about getting exact same one. What do you think about it?

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Having owned RT and Surface Pro plus Go models I was surprised to see there's no SDXC card option. Otherwise love L2 and using with 2nd monitor along with Logitech mouse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077