Dipping my toe into the WP world

sammy_boy

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
After having a play with my mum's new Lumia 925 and being impressed, I'm today buying my first WP device - probably a secondhand 620 or 925. Always been an Android or Apple fan but decided to widen my horizons slightly!

Despite being a bit of a geek it's a bit odd trying a new ecosystem out after trying a phone my mother has!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.
Tip, Check out the forum Windows phone 8 "tips & tricks" for newbie's.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/230201-new-windows-phone-8-tips-tricks.html

sammy_boy

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome! Went for the 925, just trying to get the thing to boot up, got the spinning gears for the last hour, did a soft reset and now got a charging symbol & a static gear, guess it's still low on power? It's plugged into the charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DP 4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome! Went for the 925, just trying to get the thing to boot up, got the spinning gears for the last hour, did a soft reset and now got a charging symbol & a static gear, guess it's still low on power? It's plugged into the charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought my 920 recently second hand and it wouldn't charge very well. It turned out to be the USB cable. I used the one that came with my kindle and it's been charging properly ever since. Maybe try a different cable.

Hope that helps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos