disable backup while updating

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
hi guys
please tell me that there's a way to disable creating a backup while updating the phone :( i don't want to create a backup every time i update, because that's a half hour wasted for me

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its quite annoying. It looks like it is backing up the media on the phone which is redundant - we can just resync songs and videos through Zune. I've found removing media then updating goes much quicker but then again you have to resync your stuff

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its quite annoying. It looks like it is backing up the media on the phone which is redundant - we can just resync songs and videos through Zune. I've found removing media then updating goes much quicker but then again you have to resync your stuff

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
I agree, makes no sense to backup, music, video, and photos, assuming you have already set your phone to sync that stuff. Then again, after a hard reset, even giving you phone the same name, auto-sync wih Zune does not occur. You have to go back and reselect everything. So maybe they can fix two issues at once.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree, makes no sense to backup, music, video, and photos, assuming you have already set your phone to sync that stuff. Then again, after a hard reset, even giving you phone the same name, auto-sync wih Zune does not occur. You have to go back and reselect everything. So maybe they can fix two issues at once.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

yeah, being unable to roll back if something goes wrong. good idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h