• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Disappointed with Nokia Maps (WP8)

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
I was an old Symbian user (latest was Nokia C7). After a cheap but unstable Android phone (Y300) i migrate to WP8.
The most important reason s the good old Nokia Maps, a fantastic app on Symbian but, otherwise, only nice on WP8.
Where is he problem(s)?
Well, maps storage was the first one, solved with a beta version of memory checker for lumia.
But, now, the most imporant one is that i like o have my tours/routes/itineraries/ways (i don't know how is called in englih) and collections.
I have them on my good old C7 and not on my new Lumia 720?
I'm really disappointed
I like to travel, i make them on Here.com, then save as collection then synchronize them with my mobile device.
I can do it with an old Symbian device an not with a new WP8 one?
Gratz to MS and Nokia to create smartphones not for travellrs.
(and, btw, when i can find on market an apps like Triposo?)
Can be realy helpful.
Tanks a lot.
(off course i'm logged in, places are sync, but still no SIM card on my Lumia 720)

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
I cannot use Drive until device is SIMless, but transit... no, really not, i will try later when i come back home :cool:
Then i will send a feedback :eek:rly:
Transit: nothing, no way to sync directions (nice name for things like this one, tours or itineraries should be better) and Collections.
Still disappointed :(
Maybe later i'll put sim on my Y300 on Lumia 720 :)
No way, it's a normal SIM, and Lumia 720 needs micro SIM.

Last edited:

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
I cannot use Drive until device is SIMless, but transit... no, really not, i will try later when i come back home :cool:
Then i will send a feedback :eek:rly:
Transit: nothing, no way to sync directions (nice name for things like this one, tours or itineraries should be better) and Collections.
Still disappointed :(
Maybe later i'll put sim on my Y300 on Lumia 720 :)
No way, it's a normal SIM, and Lumia 720 needs micro SIM.

You can have it cut

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
I love Nokia maps. To my knowledge its the only app that let's you download maps and use them offline. I have actually done that and it works flawless.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
I love it too, but i wanna use directions done on HERE.com. And i cannot do it atm :(
And, yes, now i've SIM inside :amaze:

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
With last update collections are in, but there are only places and not directions (Nokia should call them tours, it's better IMHO)

Last edited:

schwarzc5291

Oct 29, 2013
same Problem here - i am a motorcycle rider.
seems that Nokia holds this Feature back for any purpose, but dont ask me why (i?d call it routes with waypoints, btw.)

i switched to "Copilot gps" - it does, what ovi maps has done in the past (full offline maps, lifelong map Upgrades, waypoints, Radar warner, lane assistant, .... ) and since i am not satisfied with wp8, too, my next phone will be an android with Copilot gps. OVI maps was the last straw, connecting me with Nokia.