Disappointed with Surface Pro 2017 and MS after less than 18 Months use

mr_poobah

Mar 27, 2019
Visit site
Such a shame, i really like my i5 Surface pro 5th Gen

After consulting Microsoft help yesterday it has been discovered the machine has a fault and requires a replacement, as i am out of warranty there will be a charge

£333.00 + tax, i paid £1249 for this plus the Alacantra keyboard, mouse and pen i feel heavily invested in the MS ecosystem and now feel let down.

i would expect the device to be fit for purpose and give me at least 3 years of trouble free use if taken reasonable care of it.

my issue is i cannot start the machine after a shut down unless i press the on/off button like 30 times, the windows log just flashes on for a second and then a blank screen, eventually it starts up and behaves fine.

totally let down, should have stuck with a proven PC maker, can not believe that there is not one store in the U.K i could at least take it to

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Nothing, from anyone, is 100% guaranteed to last more than a year. If it does, these days, you're just lucky. You and I know this. Sure, yes, it 'should' have lasted more than one year. We have a load in work that have lasted a lot longer than that. Heck we have 4 Surface Pro devices that still work.

It happens. We do have a choice to purchase an extended warranty when buying!

Plus £333+vat isn't bad at all. It's around £650 for a Surface Book.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
, yeah definitely get extended warranty when buying these kind of expensive consumer laptops or macbooks new and buy them from a shop with a good rep.
Personally I like my Surface Pro 1 but am happy I bought it cheap refurbished. The fact that so many of these kind of devices are glued together and stuff like ssd's are soldered make it very risky without warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof