Display comparison between iPhone 5 and Lumia 920 (updated)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
"iPhone 5. The Same phone. Again and again and again...."

Hahahahahaha

Oh god...u just made my day man...Thanx a megaton...and yes, u should share it with the world outside...humble request..

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So, basically you're saying you'd prefer a WP8 phone, but the fact that you can't get it for another month, you'll buy an inferior phone because you can get it now? I've seen many people post these kind of coments and it blows my mind. It makes no sense. One month? You can't hold out for one more month?

A friend of mine had an iphone 4 (as did his wife). He's a photography geek too (meaning he buys and sells cameras all the time). When he saw my lumia 800 he started to think about switching, when he saw the WP8 and 920 events he was really considering it. I told him about the kid's corner feature and he loved that idea.

He has a developer account, so he got the ios 6 update on he's iphone 4 a while ago and said the maps were crappy

Still, the day the iPhone 5 pre-order was up, he ordered it.

Now, what does it mean? is he too scared to try something new? happy enough with the iPhone despite it not being a big upgrade?

If the 920 was available, he might've went into a store to look it, or maybe pre-ordered it to try it out. but it's not and no one knows when it will be available, how much it will cost and which carriers will have it.

I'm sure the fact that the Lumia 920 was announced got some people to wait, but most of those buying the iphone as soon as it's released or in the first month were never going to get a different phone. The only think Nokia achieved is that their phone is compared to the iphone everywhere and usually favorably.

Most of the buyers don't buy the iPhone when it's just released. They're not crazy fans, they're not loyal and when they're contract is up, if it looks like there's a better device out there, they might switch to it instead of getting the new iphone

theflew

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine had an iphone 4 (as did his wife). He's a photography geek too (meaning he buys and sells cameras all the time). When he saw my lumia 800 he started to think about switching, when he saw the WP8 and 920 events he was really considering it. I told him about the kid's corner feature and he loved that idea.

He has a developer account, so he got the ios 6 update on he's iphone 4 a while ago and said the maps were crappy

Still, the day the iPhone 5 pre-order was up, he ordered it.

Now, what does it mean? is he too scared to try something new? happy enough with the iPhone despite it not being a big upgrade?

If the 920 was available, he might've went into a store to look it, or maybe pre-ordered it to try it out. but it's not and no one knows when it will be available, how much it will cost and which carriers will have it.

I'm sure the fact that the Lumia 920 was announced got some people to wait, but most of those buying the iphone as soon as it's released or in the first month were never going to get a different phone. The only think Nokia achieved is that their phone is compared to the iphone everywhere and usually favorably.

Most of the buyers don't buy the iPhone when it's just released. They're not crazy fans, they're not loyal and when they're contract is up, if it looks like there's a better device out there, they might switch to it instead of getting the new iphone
Unless people are breaking their contracts the only people getting iPhones are the ones that are new or currently out of their contract period. 4th quarter is the biggest phone sells quarter because of the holidays. All WP8 device will be out.

wormy6

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It's really a shame WP8 could not have been made ready this month. This would have been perfect time to strike.
Hm... More like Apple was dumb to release too early. They really could have used that extra month to work on their maps and figure out how to ship their phones without pre-scratching the exterior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs