Do I have to use Win 10 Mo?

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Just a quick question. I really do like Win 8.1. When Win 10 is released, will it be mandatory to upgrade your phone? I know this is really weird but I've tried three pre-released versions of Win 10. Though generally I had some minor issues, I really do not like the interface, the look etc.

Will there be a way NOT to upgrade and stay the course with Win 8.1 until Microsoft determines the final ax day like that of Win XP.

I'm discussing Win Mobile for a Microsoft 640 phone.

Comments!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You could probably chose to ignore any update notification, but you do go through a risk of gradually losing functionality and app support when the key services get enhanced for Windows 10 and the apps move over to the Universal model and implement API behaviour that Windows Phone 8.1 might not have.

You're probably better off moving in into the future along with everyone else.

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I think you can stay away from Windows 10 Mobile if you really want to (disable automatic updates). But I do believe this to be a terrible idea. You won't get new apps, old apps may stop working at some point, apps won't be updated anymore,... Since pretty much every WP8.1 phone will be able to upgrade to Win10 Mobile, there will be no reason for app developers to ever look back to 8.1.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This thread has been moved to an appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

I could have put this in Win 10 Mo, but I feel it really is a great general question that a significant number of users will want to know about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo