Do not install october updates!!!!!!!!!!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the October Windows Updates and my Surface is COMPLETELY hosed!!!!!!!! DO NOT INSTALL!

First of all, which version of Windows RT are you upgrading from? Secondly, when was the last update you applied before this?

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The most recent Surface RT firmware update was released in July 2013, and it is fine on my device. You may have installed the update this October but that does not mean they're "October updates."

ps.

All the updates show up in the View update history and will show when an update, such as firmware was released, and when you installed that particular update.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The most recent Surface RT firmware update was released in July 2013, and it is fine on my device. You may have installed the update this October but that does not mean they're "October updates."

ps.

All the updates show up in the View update history and will show when an update, such as firmware was released, and when you installed that particular update.
No, it does have system firmware update for this month, you can see the release date next to the name of the update, and prior to this October update, another system firmware update was available on Aug. 13.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I've installed 8.1 and any auto-updates -no performance or operational issues, although, evidently, I did lose the play-all feature in X-Box Music with 8.1. Not a big issue, since the RT is my sixth-favorite music-playing device. :wink:

Georgin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the October Windows Updates and my Surface is COMPLETELY hosed!!!!!!!! DO NOT INSTALL!

Are you people saying that somehow I can disable auto-updates on my surface rt? I'd love to know how to do that, and choose when to install them manually. Tried to find the option under settings and there was nothing there. Anyone who can shed some light?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you people saying that somehow I can disable auto-updates on my surface rt? I'd love to know how to do that, and choose when to install them manually. Tried to find the option under settings and there was nothing there. Anyone who can shed some light?

Option is gone in 8.1

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
October updates worked well for me on my Surface RT, also managed to install 8.1 before they pulled it. 8.1 really makes the Surface RT go well. They still need to sort out a couple of things but it's now a much better tablet.

lbaxter

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Updated to 8.1, installed all updates, and now I keep having the IE crashing every few minutes and it is impossible for me to do a reset. I keep getting a "missing files" error, and when in recovery, it will not restore from my USB recovery, saying it is "not valid."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99