Do windows store for phone and desktop does difference?

paul034

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Windows 8 installed in my desktop and so in my Lumia 920.
And I have found some apps do exit in desktop store, but not in phone store. and do either the same for some app in phone store.

eg. modern combat 4. It doesn't exit in desktop store.

How could I know which app does exit in what store?
And another questions, could I just purchased app for once and install it in multiple device eg. phone, tablet, desktop

Thanks you :smile:

stevethenerd

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
First...
the Window 8 store and the Windows Phone store are different. There is no relationship between the two.

Second...
Buying an app will let you install it on up to five devices... ie. Buy a phone app you can install it on five phones...
buying a Windows 8 app will allow you to install that app on five Windows 8 devices.

Windows 8 is not the same as Windows Phone 8....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have Windows 8 installed in my desktop and so in my Lumia 920.
And I have found some apps do exit in desktop store, but not in phone store. and do either the same for some app in phone store.

eg. modern combat 4. It doesn't exit in desktop store.

How could I know which app does exit in what store?
And another questions, could I just purchased app for once and install it in multiple device eg. phone, tablet, desktop

Thanks you :smile:

As stevthenerd stated they are different. The idea, I believe, is that once 8.1 comes along they should be the same but that isn't now.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As stevthenerd stated they are different. The idea, I believe, is that once 8.1 comes along they should be the same but that isn't now.

Don't get your hopes up. The unified store is probably coming, but as of now it's just a rumor, and the most recent rumor I've heard specifically said, "Not this year."

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up. The unified store is probably coming, but as of now it's just a rumor, and the most recent rumor I've heard specifically said, "Not this year."

You'll note that I didn't put any sort of date in. The unification is indicated as being the 8.1 (Blue) update, whether that also means Store right away or not who knows? We're left in the dark about these things. Everything is always vague with Nokia and MS. Hopefully it's worth the wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb