Do you have the M8 for WP tell us what you think!

EnterpriseAG

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just bought M8 AT&T and have to say that I am unable to switch from LTE, there just aren't any setting or menu for it. And because of it the battery discharges very fast. I am really dissapointed. Does any of AT&T users have the same problem or it is just me?

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had No battery problems with my M8 on AT&T. I have had it for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly, Last week I upgraded it on the Windows insider program to Windows 10 and it is even better now. What makes you think it is LTE that is draining your battery?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I just bought M8 AT&T and have to say that I am unable to switch from LTE, there just aren't any setting or menu for it. And because of it the battery discharges very fast. I am really dissapointed. Does any of AT&T users have the same problem or it is just me?

Are you trying to throttle back to 3G, or turn off data altogether?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have had No battery problems with my M8 on AT&T. I have had it for over a year now and it has worked flawlessly, Last week I upgraded it on the Windows insider program to Windows 10 and it is even better now. What makes you think it is LTE that is draining your battery?

Kevin - I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade or not. I like update 2 quite a bit - may I ask what makes it worth it to upgrade to you?

I know there's a WP10 thread, but just thought I'd ask you since you seem enthusiastic about it.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Compared to a lumia, I would say the camera is the biggest drawback. Outside of that, this is a great machine. If the Lumia 930 was LTE capable, I would be using that. But, it doesn't, so this is the best thing. The screen and processor are comparable, which is to say, great.

The front mounted speakers will be hard to let go of when/if I go back to a Lumia (likely will get the 950 in the next few months). They are really fantastic. For conference calls on speaker phone, that just can't be beat.

For me, it's LTE vs better camera. For now, LTE wins.

EnterpriseAG

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Kevin Hill2, I have never used a device with LTE and with my not active usage, my previous devices were discharging for several days. LTE network is new in my country, and it's very rare in terms of coverage. The signal strength is one bar(of 5!) constantly, very weak signal and the phone spending more energy to sustain LTE connection! And I don't want that. So I think LTE connection is the problem, besides, my father has lumia 640 with 2500 mAh battery and it lasts for several days with quite active usage with location turned on, frequent calls and 3G network.

gordonfink, yes, I want to choose from the list(wich I can find without problem on my previous lumia 900 and my father's lumia 640) the network - 2G, 3G or 4G which will be active at the moment. For example 2G is old with EDGE internet but it covers all my places, I want to turn it on and it won't drain the battery at all.. But this setting is just gone, I know where it should be, and it's not there :crying:
I turned off data first day, but the phone still uses LTE network( I can read "My operator's name - LTE" in the upper right corner).

May be I missed something or AT&T blocked that feature? And what's going on with this network switching on Windows Phone 10?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124